“Best Shake in AVL”

Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
“Best Shake in AVL”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Best shake I've found in Asheville. Delicious ice cream with thick and copious mix-ins! The root beer floats are huge too.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Hope they never close.”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Tastee-Freez is a classic ice cream walk up or drive through ice cream shop. You can also get a hot dog or fries. It is usually staffed by courteous high school kids that make a delicious Reese cup sundae! A west Asheville classic that I hope stays around for the rest of my lifetime.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Alexander B
Atlanta
“Classic ice cream stand”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Skip the Sonic up the road and head to Tastee Freez for true ice cream stand experience. You will not be disappointed. They have both soft and scooped ice cream. We went the soft route, enjoying good portion sizes at very reasonable sizes. The soft vanilla ice cream is very good rivaling DQ and leaving McDonalds in the dust. The service was very good with quick prep time times on orders

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Peachs71
Blue Ridge, GA
“I can believe it”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We drove past a working Tastee Freez. I haven't seen one in decades. I had thought they were all closed down. My husband and I whipped the diesel truck in a U-turn and made out way back to see if it was as good as we remembered. It was. I had a large, should have gotten a small, chocolate dipped cone and my husband tried the Snickers sundae. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good ice cream, a nice family establishment”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

This is just one of those places that you always went to every year when they opened back up for summer. Growing up in West Asheville, we would frequent this place every spring/summer for ice cream until it would close back up for the winter season. It is always staffed by young, friendly, attractive females. The only draw back is that it is just a tad pricey, but the quality of ice cream is great, the service is great, so it is worth it for a nice treat.

Visited November 2011