“I can believe it”

Ranked #39 of 47 Dessert in Asheville
Blue Ridge, GA
“I can believe it”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We drove past a working Tastee Freez. I haven't seen one in decades. I had thought they were all closed down. My husband and I whipped the diesel truck in a U-turn and made out way back to see if it was as good as we remembered. It was. I had a large, should have gotten a small, chocolate dipped cone and my husband tried the Snickers sundae. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good ice cream, a nice family establishment”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

This is just one of those places that you always went to every year when they opened back up for summer. Growing up in West Asheville, we would frequent this place every spring/summer for ice cream until it would close back up for the winter season. It is always staffed by young, friendly, attractive females. The only draw back is that it is just a tad pricey, but the quality of ice cream is great, the service is great, so it is worth it for a nice treat.

Visited November 2011
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great summer treat but priced out of our budget now”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We love stopping by Tastee Freez on summer evenings and watching the traffic go by on Patton Avenue, but the prices this year are just too much for the old budget. We bought 2 medium cones the last time we were there, and it was well over $5. We sat there in the parking lot eating our ice cream cones with an Ingles sign facing us with an advertised special of 1/2 gallon of Blue Bell ice cream for less than $4. Sorry Tastee Freez. We're going to have to skip our summer tradition of stopping by your store for a treat on our way home on summer evenings this year. :-(

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank KarenW7
Asheville, NC
“One of the many gems of Asheville”
Reviewed March 23, 2008

Incredible banana splits...pick you own toppings and big enough to split, but too good to split..

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best ice cream in town!!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2008

Best ice cream in town!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook