“Great food great music”

Ranked #47 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Serving traditional Louisiana and Southern cuisine in the heart of downtown Asheville for over 13 years. Offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner 5 days a week. Enjoy a made-from-scratch meal in our eclectic, lively dining room, our patio overlooking Pritchard Park, or our seasonal courtyard, one of Asheville's best kept secrets. We also offer beer, wine, and cocktails. And feel free to bring the pooch along!
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Homemade tomato basil soup and tea. Awesome. friendly staff. Prices reasonable ; Eclectic atmosphere. YES

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Went here on a saturday night just looking for a good place to eat after visiting town. Was not as crowded as other local eateries but we did not feel like waiting 20-30minutes for the other places so we bet on this place. Atmosphere is OK and a bit eclectic which is fine, but it could have been cozier in my opinion. Service was quick and friendly. The food was very good. I got a Jambalaya that was very tasty and spicy, my wife some barbecued tofu which was great discovery and my daughter a larger burger cooked the way she ordered which is a nice change. All the food has a bit of zip and kick to it which is to be expected given the cajun / creole theme. Presentation is OK but not outstanding. Desserts were more hit or miss, key lime pie was very good, but disappointed with chocolate pecan chess pie which seemed way to thick and fudge like. Pricing is reasonable, most other restaurants in the area are considerably more. Overall excellent place and I would recommend or revisit.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We so enjoyed the eclectic feel of the place. If you like Cajun food this is a great place, however if you have trouble with bell peppers/ chili peppers (I am allergic) you won't find much you can eat. I had the 5 cheese grilled sandwich (only thing without any peppers) and it was great on the homemade bread with the salad I requested. Hubby loved his Gumbo & chicken dish there.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

When we arrived, we were told our wait would be about 30 minutes, but we were seated in about 15 min. I ordered the muffuletta, and my son had a cheeseburger. Both were very good. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. Only a minor complaint: a couple of our beignets were raw in the middle (but my son ate them anyway!).

Reviewed December 30, 2012

After seeing another table get the beignets, I felt the need to immediately place an order for some. Glad I did as they were like little pillows of fried dough heaven. Overall, breakfast was good and our server was great.