“Thai Basil Noodles and Red Curry Chicken” 4 of 5 bubbles

DOC Chey's Noodle House
Ranked #58 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Chinese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tennessee
“Thai Basil Noodles and Red Curry Chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a late night meal on a Sunday evening and Doc Chey's fit the bill and then some. We did not make reservations as there were only two in our party. There was a waiting line with a few larger parties but we were seated immediately. Scott, our wait person, arrived promptly and gave us his list of favorites. The servings are more than adequate so sharing is a good option. The prices are also very reasonable. We will definitely revisit Doc's on our next trip to Asheville.

Visited August 2013

Long Island, NY
“Fresh noodles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Food was fresh and tasty. My husband thought he had eaten the best lo-mein noodles he has ever had. As in other reviews there was a wait but not too long. Try going in the afternoon or after 8:00 pm.

Visited August 2013
Saugerties, New York
“Great Asheville Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Always on our Asheville eatery list. Did not disappoint, and the portions yielded lunch for the next day. The eggplant is about the best I have every had anywhere. Staff is outgoing and always has a suggestion for something special

Visited July 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Top of the Wok!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have been going to Doc Chey's for years and years. Never once have we had a bad meal. The food is always fresh, always consistent. I can also say I have never had bad service, and I see the same folks over and over - a testament that this business also knows how to treat their employees.

The vegetable springs rolls are the finest anywhere, and what do they put in that accompanying dim sum? Is it legal? My stars, it is addictive. I actually save what's left to pour over my main dish. (I threatened to stab a server in the arm once for taking it away.)

While everything I have tried there is worthy of praise, I usually get the Japanese Spinach Soba and add shrimp or salmon. As for the latter, that has always been top notch, too, and I am super picky about my salmon.

The Asheville location is also blending their own teas. You can get a nice variety of herbals, both decaf and leaded, and they always have a beautiful herbal iced tea brewed for your summer enjoyment.

There's one catch: GO EARLY! They are tiny in size, comparatively, and they get a waiting list in short order. (No pun intended.) They are also closed on WEDNESDAY and during the 2013 Bele Chere. If you do have to wait, however, they have a nice, long inside bench and turn over tables fast.

The atmosphere is most soothing, making the wait more like a stint of meditation or yoga. For a longer wait of 30 minutes or so, you could walk next door to the Double Decker Coffee shop (yes, it's an old British bus) and grab a quick cup o'joe. In Asheville, if you're bored, it's your own fault! So, go enjoy one of the finest restaurants Asheville has to offer! Doc Chey's is simply one of the best.

• Visited July 2013
Central Florida
“Wonderful Variety”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

The food was terrific. We were there for a late lunch and no problem with a line like others said. Seating is limited but the food make everything well worth it; eat in or take home. Varieties of all types of Asian inspired noodles are here; from as mild or spicy as you prefer. Good beer and soda choices.

Visited July 2013