“Affordable and Good Lunches”
Review of Doc Chey's Noodle House - CLOSED

Doc Chey's Noodle House
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed March 14, 2013

From what we can tell, this downtown Asheville restaurant is a chain, but it is not what many would think of as it appears there are three locations of Doc Chey’s in the Atlanta area and just one outside of Georgia. My husband and I are so glad the owners chose Asheville as their first location outside of Georgia. It does have us wondering if Asheville and Atlanta are exporting some of their best to each other as Asheville’s Indian restaurant just opened up in Atlanta.
We decided to meet our friends just before noon so we could avoid the huge noontime rush – and we were so glad we did as just after we ordered at the counter, a long line formed behind us. My husband was craving noodles thus he ordered Chicken Pad Thai. It is stir fry with onion, greens, egg, rice noodles, bean sprouts and roasted peanuts. The meal hit the spot! – And it was very affordable. I opted for their Vietnamese Bun. The traditional Vietnamese dish with lettuce, carrot, sprouts, cucumber and basil over vermicelli noodles was very fresh and full of flavor. Since Vietnamese spring rolls are an option with this dish, my husband and I each had one. They were crisp and not full of grease. This was greatly appreciated as many spring rolls can be dripping with oil.
The portions are big thus we were not hungry for our usual popcorn that we have with a movie (which we saw right across the street). We will be back in town in a couple of months, and we shall have to make this “non-chain chain” (using another reviewer’s term) a lunch stop for us. Obviously, we will make sure to get there early enough to beat the even longer lines expected in May.

There are newer reviews for Doc Chey's Noodle House

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I just spent a long, freezing cold weekend in Asheville. We had one of our best meals at Doc Chey's. We sampled a variety of the menu. Food was flavorful and you can't beat the service and hospitality. I got a t-shirt to commemorate the event! Would recommend this restaurant highly to anyone looking for delicious meal in a casual and friendly setting. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I went for our first visit on a cold Sunday evenings. Doc's was hopping busy, though the wait was short and the staff friendly and helpful. The food is decent, emphasizing noodle and rice dishes. A bit under-spiced for Thai food, but good nonetheless. A great place for a quick and very reasonably priced meal.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I love Doc Chey's food, service and the price is very reasonable. The restaurant is a bit loud due to the seating in the open dining area, but I always make it a point to visit here when I come to town. The red curry Thai with chicken is excellent. It will set your mouth ablaze, but with a very flavorful heat.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have never had a bad meal at Doc Cheys. Their noodle bowls are my favorite. The chicken soup one will soothe anyone's cold symptoms. The pad thai is awesome. Very generous portions too. try to iced tea of the day.