“Great food, but don't go if you're starving and in a hurry”
Review of Over Easy Cafe

Over Easy Cafe
Ranked #17 of 784 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: At Over Easy Café, we take pride in creating fresh to order breakfast, and brunch dishes until 2 o'clock everyday. Focusing on supporting our local farmers, we have a variety of dishes that will satisfy any breakfast desires... Organic Meats and Dairy, Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Vegan and Dairy-free. We pride ourselves in sourcing ingredients as locally as possible.
Smyrna, Georgia
“Great food, but don't go if you're starving and in a hurry”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Everyone is very laid back so there is no sense of real urgency. But the staff is observant where it counts. I got their strawberry ginger smoothie and it was delicious. Never considered putting fresh ginger in a smoothie. It's fun to sit at the bar and watch them make all their juices fresh. To eat we had the hash and eggs Benny. Both were very good and worth the wait. It took about 30 mins to get our food after we ordered. So I was glad I had ordered the smoothie. All the food is cooked fresh and it all looked so tasty. We are just visiting, but would love to go back on another visit to try more dishes. The French toast and biscuits and gravy sounded so unique and interesting. Next time we will sit outside if it's an option, however, we were close to the kitchen and smelled horribly of food after being there for about 1.5 hours

• Visited July 2014

Miami, FL
“Gotta love a place that's busy at 10am on Monday!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had to wait only about 10 minutes (were told 15-20) but it was well worth it. I had the special benedict with mushrooms and it was very yummy, and my dad had huevos rancheros that looked killer (he said they were). This place is no-frills, but delicious food in a hip urban environment.

Visited July 2014
Guaynabo, null, Puerto Rico
“Wait...wait... Left...”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We were all excited to have brunch here and try for ourselves what was the hype all about.. Looking forward for their famous Lavender French Toasts and aware of the fact that the place didn't take reservations we made sure to get there early enough so we didnt have to wait much. So we arrived at 10:00am sharp. There were people already waiting outside but not many and we were told there was to be a 20 minutes wait. So we decided that it wasn't that much of a wait and stayed. We were a party of 5. Three adults and two kids ages 10 and 8.. At least five couples came after we did and were almost immediately seated or waited 5 minutes tops. The 20 minutes came and went and we were still waiting. Kids were seated in the sidewalk getting restless. By thirty minutes into our wait I went up to the hostess and she nicely apologized and said that we had to wait for an additional undisclosed amount of time because she didnt know when she was going to be able to seat our party. I even suggested her to, instead of seating multiple groups of two, to put two tables together and squeeze us in since we had been waiting for so long. I guess it was too overwhelming of a plan to put into action and much easier to keep us waiting until an exact number of seats table came up to seat us... Terrible hosting abilities although she treated us nicely and kindly. Someone else should be doing her job. Better a waiter than a hostess...
So by 40 minutes into our wait we left hungry and totally disappointed.. Never to return..

Visited June 2014
5 Thank Ivelisse V
Atlanta, Georgia
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I met a friend here on the way out of town. We had four adults and one child in our party. Despite being busy, our wait was manageable. I thought the service was timely and polite. The food was good, and the prices were reasonable. The only negative that comes to mind is the fact that they were grilling hot peppers for someone's order and the smoke caused everyone's eyes to burn.

All-in-all, it was a nice experience.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank EnjoyYourTrvl
North Carolina
“Absolutely delicious - worth the line!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We ate at the Over Easy Breakfest Café on a Saturday morning, and getting there around 9:45 meant we had about a 35 minute wait. (It made me wish the café was within a spot with shops that opened earlier for browsing before you ate, but that's an aside.)

Once we got in, we sat right by the window for good people watching. The café is cute and quirky, and the service was very good. Lots of people to make sure that you're taken care of. I had the huevos rancheros with soysage, which was outstanding. It was so delicious that I ate way more than I normally would. My 12 year old daughter had a special, which was challah French toast with blueberry compote with whipped cream, and she practically licked the plate.

We raved about the food to the rest of the family who didn't get to go, and we will definitely be back!

2 Thank leighcecilia