“Enjoyable”

Ranked #30 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: At Over Easy Café, we take pride in creating fresh to order breakfast, and brunch dishes until 2 o'clock everyday. Focusing on supporting our local farmers, we have a variety of dishes that will satisfy any breakfast desires... Organic Meats and Dairy, Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Vegan and Dairy-free. We pride ourselves in sourcing ingredients as locally as possible.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I met a friend here on the way out of town. We had four adults and one child in our party. Despite being busy, our wait was manageable. I thought the service was timely and polite. The food was good, and the prices were reasonable. The only negative that comes to mind is the fact that they were grilling hot peppers for someone's order and the smoke caused everyone's eyes to burn.

All-in-all, it was a nice experience.

1  Thank EnjoyYourTrvl

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We ate at the Over Easy Breakfest Café on a Saturday morning, and getting there around 9:45 meant we had about a 35 minute wait. (It made me wish the café was within a spot with shops that opened earlier for browsing before you ate, but that's an aside.)

Once we got in, we sat right by the window for good people watching. The café is cute and quirky, and the service was very good. Lots of people to make sure that you're taken care of. I had the huevos rancheros with soysage, which was outstanding. It was so delicious that I ate way more than I normally would. My 12 year old daughter had a special, which was challah French toast with blueberry compote with whipped cream, and she practically licked the plate.

We raved about the food to the rest of the family who didn't get to go, and we will definitely be back!

2  Thank leighcecilia
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I would recommend Over Easy Cafe. The place is small and you are not real comfortable eating there. The food is very good and is reasonably priced. They have a lot of unique breakfast items and all 5 in our party thought the food was good. The service was a little slow, but not real bad. I'm sure they are normally very busy so you may have to wait a while.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I'd been hearing for years about the lavender french toast. I didn't taste anything remotely lavender about it. It seemed like it was just watered down vanilla yogurt on top of french toast, along with lots of granola. I definitely should have asked for it without the granola because that added nothing to it. Bacon was way over-priced and dry.

This wasn't my idea of a tasty breakfast. Plus, my water and tea were empty for several minutes before asked if we wanted refills.

1  Thank claired13
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I admit beforehand that I'm unfairly biased against breakfast. It's my 4th favorite meal of the day on days I accidentally swallow a stray insect while jogging. So it means something that I would give this place a positive rating. The wait at 11am was around 30 minutes, and it's not a large place. But the omelette was terrific, and the menu is well-planned and thoughtful. Even a breakfast grouch like me would go back.