“Great food but awful environment”
Review of Over Easy Cafe

Over Easy Cafe
Ranked #38 of 823 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: At Over Easy Café, we take pride in creating fresh to order breakfast, and brunch dishes until 2 o'clock everyday. Focusing on supporting our local farmers, we have a variety of dishes that will satisfy any breakfast desires... Organic Meats and Dairy, Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Vegan and Dairy-free. We pride ourselves in sourcing ingredients as locally as possible.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We ate here for Sunday brunch after reading reviews. The food here is excellent, staff was friendly, and service and location were great.. However the conditions inside the restaurant were terrible. The interior is small with an open kitchen in the back. The ventilation is horrible, and the air was so thick with the smell of grease and burned food we almost could not eat our meals. Hours after leaving, I still had the smell embedded in my clothing. Also, the air return vent covers were caked with dust and grime, something I wish I had not noticed while I was awaiting my food. This would have been given 5 stars if weren't for these two issues.

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Good Service. Good ingredients. Great casual atmosphere. All add up to a great vegetarian breakfast joint. The food was hearty yet didn't drag you down.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Overrated food, overpriced food, dirty walls, dirty floor, just dusty &dirty. Potatoes seemed to sit so long they became hard and the wrong bite would choke on the wrong swallow. While other potatoes slimy. Blonde host/server/owner was just a stumbling, loud, & sweaty bull in a china shop in every way. She was so unappealing,will not return. Good luck keeping locals! Especially with your morningstar and over abundance of sysco bought goods. Your claim of supporting local is a bunch of BS.

2  Thank jeremy s
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The food is soooo good but not sure it's worth the painful wait. Service is slow and disinterested. Nice folks, but they could really turn the tables if they could get the food out faster. Close knit seating.

2  Thank amyeltd
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I saw a great review for this place on Tripadvisor, and with just one night in Asheville, we wanted to spend a little more time downtown. Over easy did not disappoint. I had a great omelet and my wife had just one very big pancake, which were both great. I just thought things were a little pricey, perhaps just being downtown or just open 8-2 for breakfast only, but it bothered me that they charged extra for some little things, like extra syrup, an extra biscuit. But no regrets.