“Did we eat on the wrong day?”
Review of Baba's Kitchen

Baba's Kitchen
Ranked #553 of 793 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Diner, Eastern European
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Open for breakfast and lunch 7 days a week. Baba’s Kitchen serves a Southern Style Diner menu and regular menu items and specials with an Eastern European flourish. Authentic Polish kielbasa, savory Russian style grilled breakfast potatoes, haluski, latkes and blintzes to name a few. Breakfast features Southern style biscuits and red eye and white pepper gravies, pancakes and waffles and an assortment of omelets and grilled breakfast sandwiches. Great diner fare at lunch.
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Did we eat on the wrong day?”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Lot's of great reviews here - we had breakfast because there wasn't another place open nearby on Monday morning. Table was sticky, coffee was acrid and burnt tasting, omelot was overdone, rubbery and dry, hash browns were NOT brown (isn't there a reason they're called hash browns???), the "butter" on the table was some kind of spread, the "cream" was coffeemate, and two breakfasts cost just under $17. I rarely bother to write negative reviews and I eat in lots of dives, no problem, but this was really bad. And the decor was...just strange.

• Visited November 2011

SC
“Nice place, Great food, Nice people...”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Great food. Nice people. Simple place, but nice and clean. Like a small dinner.
As a polish person - I took some of my friends there. Due to some of my dietary restrictions I could only sample some of the dishes, but the one I tried were fantastic - truly "home made style". The other foods - my friends enjoyed and they told me the food was great.

I know I will be going there in the future... The only problem for me - is that it takes us 2-hr drive from Greenville SC to get there so we will not be going there as often as we wish..

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank HalaB
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Nice breakfast spot”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Good for a quick breakfast on our way into Ashville. Friendly staff and HUGE omelets!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Alma M
Weaverville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Syd's review did not have enough exclamation points!”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Baba's exceeded my expectations when hoping for excellent breakfast fare at very reasonable prices. There are too many items on their menu for me to comment (a plus since I like variety), but just the regular breakfast like the "Hungry Man" with eggs, sausage, ham, biscuit and gravy, and hash brown potatoes is enough said for me. Service was excellent, nice chat with the Chief Cook and Bottle Washer, and the lavender atmosphere. They will also be open Thu, Fri, and Sat evenings from 5pm to 8pm as well as there regular breakfast and lunch hours till 2pm. If you don't go -- you won't know! Blessings!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Kit C
Renfrew, Canada
“Good Breakfast”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Friendly, fast service with the owner checking on your satisfaction. Plenty of choices and meal was good

• Visited October 2011