“Groupon Scam Artists”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Was a loyal customer until I tried using a Groupon. Told them about it on the phone when I ordered. Went in to pick up and was told I couldn't use the Groupon because the pizza I wanted was on special. About $2 off. Owner/manager combative and insulting. They lost my business forever.

4  Thank Charles C
There are newer reviews for Iannucci's

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My family and I love this place. You can tell an authentic Italian restaurant from a wannabe as soon as you enter the door, even if you were blindfolded, for a real Italian restaurant has that Italian fragrance wafting from their kitchen, and Iannucci's causes your mouth to water when you enter--you can almost taste the air. The owner makes a wonderful marinara sauce every morning, and it's one of the best marinara sauces I've ever tasted--and I grew up just outside of NYC, where there are more Italian restaurants than you can count--just delicious with his warm homemade bread sticks. I usually don't eat white bread, but I do when I go to Iannucci's. My wife recently had the pasta with Italian sausage, and it was delicious; the portions were huge, a big bowl of pasta and two large sausages, for about ten bucks, and that comes with a salad and bread sticks. I had the Eggplant Parmesan and a side of pasta with the salad and bread sticks. The Eggplant Parmesan is incredible, just absolutely delicious, and as good as any I've had in the NYC area. Our two kids ordered a large House pizza, and it was very good, but I had asked if they could make it NY style thin crust, and it wasn't really that, but still very tasty. Their prices are more than reasonable. Many entrees are only $7, like their lasagna is only seven something, which is a great deal in this day and age. I highly recommend this little Italian restaurant. I don't understand another review saying the sauces are canned. I have owned three restaurants and managed others, and I guarantee you Iannucci's makes homemade sauces that will thrill your palate. Perhaps some southerners, raised on Domino's and Pizza Hut do not appreciate the real thing, but Iannucci's has been serving food there since 1978, so a lot of somebodies around here have been appreciating it. To top it off, the staff is always friendly, but problems sometimes happen in restaurants, especially a busy like this, so speak up, and they will more than take care of you.

1  Thank mrphyjammusashi
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Came in for Lunch and it was Empty except for one family that came to eat. I guess it was just the time of day that we arrived for it to be empty. Our waitress was very nice and the food was pretty good. I had the Ham & Cheese Calzone sub and really enjoyed it. Would be willing to come back again and it is worth a try for anyone who's thinking of trying it out.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This place is perfect for folks who need to watch the price, and yet want honest good food that tastes great, with generous quantity.

The selection of basic Italian favorites covers all of the popular desires much better then the "pizza joints" but at about the same price level, with superior quality and quantity.

On top of that, the atmosphere is great, with consistantly beautiful waitresses who provide exceptional warmth and service.

Consistancy is the name of the game here. Over the last nine years, I have never found anything different about the package. Always the same: Always, at the end of the meal, finding the desire to go back for another great Italian meal at a practical price.

They have the best fresh baked big bread sticks, moist and delicious, with genuine butter, that I have ever found anywhere.

If you like Italian food, and want a wonderful pig out at a very fair price, this is the place to hit after a long day of driving.

Like me, many of the regulars here have rotund figures. However, many slim, and moderate, nice church-going families may be found here anytime you stop by for a good meal.

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Have driven by for years yet see the establishment with many cars. Judging by the outside it seemed like an authentic Italian place. Entered and immediately got the feeling of cheap and provoked or canned food. You can tell a lot just by the decore. Inside was somewhay delapadated and very dated. Ordered the platter with lasagna stuffed shells and chicken parmesan. A Greek salad was first along with two different breads. The bread was so hard and slightly burnt it could have been used as chauk blocks for a truck. The salad was nothing special with out of the bottle Kraft Italian dressing.

Sadly the meal was just plopped on a plate and everything tasted bland and like frozen. Higher disappointment and my wife got the same and thought the same.

The only reason for 2 stars was the friendly and hot waitress. It amazed me that so many folks come here thinking its good food. Really shows the lack of places for a basis of comparison. Cannot in clear conciense recommend.

1  Thank HungarianHammer