“Excellent!”

FATZ
Ranked #109 of 809 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At FATZ, we serve your favorite American fare with a delicious twist. From steaks to seafood, treat your taste buds to the flavors of FATZ. ‎
Reviewed May 5, 2013

When you go to Fatz be sure to tell them this is your first time. You will get all kind of samples to try. I went there with friends and it seems everyone tried something different and it was all great, but their chicken is their most infamous dish and I believe the best! I had a salad topped with the chicken and a side of potato soup. They have the best potato soup ever! So if you are in the Asheville area, I highly recommend Fatz for a treat!

1  Thank Jonnapierce

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stopped for lunch about 1PM, seated quickly. Waited and waited, finally someone noticed and asked for drink order. Waited-----gave order. I asked for a BLT sandwich, not difficult? Finally received and was actually a bread and lettuce sandwich!!! Two slices of bacon and 1/2 slice of tomato on huge slices of bread and load with lettuce! Ate the two strips of bacon and left the sandwich. My husband had a bacon burger, came with 4, yes 4 strips of bacon. I asked our server (use term lightly) if all BLT were served with 2 slices, his response "corporate makes us do that". Last time at FATZ.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

While playing at a baseball tournament we received free kids meal coupons for Fatz so we took the whole team. The staff was so accomodating and helpful. Great food, great price, great experience.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

While travelling on I-40 recently, we decided to try our first Fatz since we did not want to try the fast food restaurants clustered around the interchange. We should have stuck with the fast food places. As first time visitors we were offered free samples of their fried chicken. It was average at best. That should have been an indication. The best thing we tried were the dinner rolls. Food is only in the below average range. My steak and shrimp both had almost no taste. It may have been our first visit to this chain of restaurants, but it will also be our last.

CafeEnterprises, Manager at FATZ, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

We are sorry to hear the taste and quality of our Calabash Chicken, steak and shrimp were below average. We agree that this is unacceptable, and it does not live up to the high standards we expect of our team. Please accept our apologies and thank you for your feedback as we can’t get better without it.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stopped at Fatz a year ago on our way back from a spring break trip. We loved it so much we had to go back this year too! I can’t say enough about the staff. They are incredibly welcoming, helpful, and a lot of fun! They seem to enjoy their job and are excellent at what they do. They truly gave us some of the best service we’ve ever had.

We had a group of 5 of us and we all were extremely satisfied with our meals. Be warned that the poppyseed rolls with honey butter are addicting! Our table would definitely recommend our food choices. Three of us had the world famous calabash chicken and ribs combo with your choice of sides, one had the steak, and I had the Asian chicken salad. So yummy! The menu has a great selection. I wish there was a Fatz in the Chicago area! I would love to visit this restaurant again soon.