“Soooo Good!!”
Review of Early Girl Eatery

Early Girl Eatery
Reserve with OpenTable
Early Girl Eatery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 834 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed December 23, 2010

I found this restaurant in the Asheville visitor's guide before we left home. This was the first restaurant we visited when we arrived and before we finished the meal were already planning to go back. It was obvious from the first bite that the ingredients were fresh and locally grown and the staff was very friendly. The restaurant is somewhat small so there was a short wait (15 mins) but the meal was well worth a much longer wait.

2  Thank CLP77
Write a ReviewReviews (1,882)

Reviewed December 23, 2010

I read all the great Early Girl great reviews on Trip Advisor and since I was in Asheville today, I decided to go out of my way and brave the freezing cold to have breakfast here. I'm glad I did. My omelet was fantastic- I ordered it with fresh herbs, mushrooms, tomato and local cheese I order omelettes a lot but I don't think I've ever had one or even made one quite this tasty. I think the fresh herbs pushed it over the top and it was served with home fries and a biscuit, which were both quite good as well. I enjoyed the coffee and our server was great, so I would highly recommend.

1  Thank Hampton86
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My wife and I went here for breakfast. It seemed to be one of the few places in downtown that is open early for breakfast. My wife had a tofu scramble and I had an omelet. We thought the food was very good and the service was quick and friendly. The atmosphere is very relaxed, sort of college coffee house, not fancy but cozy and comfortable.

Reviewed November 22, 2010

6 of us went for breakfast at the Early Girl. It was a 45 minute wait, but the best breakfast on our trip. I had the traditional eggs and bacon, but opted for the home fries instead of grits. Perfect. The locally made raspberry preserves were great. Had to buy some out front afterwards. Only negative on food was my brother in law who would have liked a bigger portion of gravy and biscuits, but he said they were very good. Service was good. Friendly staff. Parking in the area is sparse and metered. Bring quarters.

1  Thank Darryl V
Reviewed November 16, 2010

The food here is excellent...everyone enjoyed this spot and their food in Oct 2009! I myself had a wonderful mountain trout with sweet potatoes and blackeberries...just soooo mouth watering good!!
A bit difficult to find in downtown...but VERY worth a few twists and turns to a narrow side street!!