“Comfort Food + Locally Grown Produce = Early Girl Eatery”
Review of Early Girl Eatery

Early Girl Eatery
Ranked #45 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My goodness this place is like the hall of fame of breakfasts it's that good tastes so fresh and just makes me want to move to Asheville to eat here more often it's got cool quirky decor it's a super cool little place I truly wish i was closer to it makes me look forward to my next visit to Asheville

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Get your morning comfort food fix here. All the classic down south items, made fresh, are on the menu. Bacon gravy is the absolute BOMB. A must stop when in town, love this place.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Always a favorite of mine for breakfast when I'm in Asheville! They have a great menu plus a few specials everyday. I had the Southern scramble with sausage, bacon, onions, portobello, and sweet potatoes. Delicious! Breakfast usually come with a side...toast, biscuit, orfruit, and servings are hearty and satisfying. My aunt, who is a local loves their grits and says their bacon is the best she's tasted...thick & smoked perfectly.

The atmosphere is cute and homey with little touches like you're eating in a country kitchen. Be sure to try the jam...it is locally made and wonderful. Love that they use so many local products, and you can taste it in the freshness of the food. They actually list all of the local farms, producers, etc, of the day on the blackboard in the front. You know you're getting fresh food and supporting the local economy! Service is very friendly and efficient, but can sometimes be slow.

ALWAYS busy and can be a long wait. Try a weekday or early on the weekend.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Whenever I visit Asheville (which is as often as possible, considering I live 7,000 miles away), Early Girl is always the first restaurant on my list. It is wildly charming in setting and service, and its food is highly crave-worthy. I've never been an omelet person, but their black bean and cheese omelet is one of my very favorite dishes!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband & I arrived early for breakfast during the holidays and were rewarded with no waiting in line. I had the ceate your own omelet, with cheese, bacon, and mushrooms. The home fries were crispy and well seasoned. My husband had the southern breakfast with a side order of biscuits and gravy. You have to try the local sausage and jam. The jam is from ImLadris Farms in Fairview & is out of this world. We had it shipped to our home in Texas. Don't miss this spot that goes out of it's way with friendly staff members, food and southern hospitality. Cheers!