“Great Restaurant in Asheville”
Review of Early Girl Eatery

Early Girl Eatery
Ranked #47 of 793 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Pittsboro, North Carolina
“Great Restaurant in Asheville”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I always research restaurants before we go on any trip. We were visiting Asheville and discovered Early Girl and made it our first stop. We were not disappointed. The food was simply outstanding. I would describe it as perfectly in between fancy and southern country food. My pan fried chicken with collard greens, mac and cheese and a biscuits hit the spot. The service was very friendly and provided timely refills of my soda. I would recommend stoping by this place if you are planning to visit the Asheville area.

• Visited October 2012

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Good food in a relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

We had dinner at Early Girl last night. We were looking for a place to eat that wasn't too fancy, and this restaurant fit the bill nicely. The menu is down home with a flair. For example, the sandwiches came with the soup of the day - so I had a cheeseburger with cream of porcini mushroom soup (which had so many chunks of mushroom it was more stew than soup - delicious). My wife asked what they recommended, and the waitress told her to try the chicken dinner - lightly pan fried chicken over mashed potatoes.

The server was very nice, the food wholesome and tasty (everything is natural and hormone free) and we enjoyed the comfort food.

Istanbul, Turkey
“Awesome eats and friendly service”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Excellent fare and genuinely friendly and highly efficient service make this a standout in Asheville. Though not cheap it is good value for what you get. Strong recommendation for the Local Sausage and Sweet Potato Scramble. Very good house coffee too.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great vegetables”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had blackened catfish with pear chutney which was amazing but the vegetable accompaniments (beets and squash casserole) were even better. I would give it a 5 if the service were a little faster.

Windermere,Florida
“Fun and good”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Good food, selection of breakfast, lunch and hearty dinners all available. Lots of very healthy options. The place is packed and there were a lot of wee ones when we ate lunch.