“Nice Dive Bar”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Scotts Valley
“Nice Dive Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This pub is nothing fancy but seems to have a loyal following. I wandered in the middle of mid October drizzle. Everyone there seemed to know each other, but seemed friendly enough as was the engaging female bartender. I had already eaten so I passed on the food and ordered a $3 pints of Shiva IPA. It's from a local craft brewery and a low ABV(5.4%) for an IPA and had a lot of flavor. People seemed pretty happy with their food. It was a nice place to hole up for a while on a wet evening.

• Visited October 2013

Talladega, Alabama, United States
“vida ann wilcocks celebration of life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our hats go off to you guys, the food was wonderful, the setup was great.
Thanks again, father of vida ann, david huff

• Visited August 2013
Penhook, Virginia, United States
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went there 10/19/13 with some friends to hear a band and had the greatest time. This place is a private rest/club, so you will need a membership, or have someone to sign you in. I purchased the steak there and totally loved it. Other friends got different dishes and everyone liked what that they got. There is different entertainment at different times, so check to see what is there when you plan to visit.

• Visited January 2013
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Normally I wouldn't do this....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

My fiance and I decided to try and catch a nitecap while in town visiting. Just so happens that we happen to be in the hotel on the hill "directly" behind 'Mack Kells'. Closest place so, we decide, this is the place to go...... That is until we walk in the front door. Upon walking in the front door, I show the "gentleman" behind the counter at the front door my CA id/license. He proceeds to make a comment about a weed smell, police, this is a private club, someone has to sign you in, cuts off the guy attempting to say he would but can't, then denies us entry...... Mind you, I'm from here!!! I just happen to live in Cali.... Good place? I'd say questionable at best. Editors note: If you call yourself a private club, signage never hurt.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank TeamWilliams0248
North, South Carolina
“Best Pub Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Get someone to sign you in and take advantage of the great food and drink here. We plan to go back often (considering a move to the area). The chef is amazing and we want to try everything. You can't find super food, great service, and fun atmosphere like this. Our compliments to the chef!

• Visited August 2012