“It was good”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I enjoyed my meal very much. Tight space though. My sister did not like the veggie burger. She said it was store bought. I tried the peanut butter tofu with the kale and mashed potatoes and gravy. The mashed potatoes and gravy and the kale were delicious. The tofu was okay. It was a little bland, but that gravy made up for it. I did not try their desserts because my sister knocked my dessert over. She ate the cheesecake which she thought was very delicious. I would visit again in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We've looked in vain to find duplicates of Rosetta's Kitchen in other parts of the world. We've come close many times, but nothing replaces the full experience of dining here due to the expansive menu, the mix of patrons (which compares most closely with our experience in restaurants in Sadar Bazar in Delhi in days of yore when young overland travelers could still reach India through Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan and would get their feet under themselves again in one of those Chinese-Indian-European combo restaurants where the cooks were capable of pleasing nearly everyone), the very reasonable prices, and the generous spirit. Rosetta's is one of the rare places where "everyone eats" no matter how poor they may be, and we want to be part of that. Coconut curry here is sublime, family plate is good and filling, and the Pad Thai (which you can enhance with more hot spice if you wish) is worth a return visit. Unless you are willing to risk loss of will, don't even look at the desserts. They will grab you. And limit yourself to one refill on the coffee--if you can. In short, Rosetta's is a classic and a credit to Asheville.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Great place for us vegans and healthy foodies. Enjoy the specials that are sometimes offered and the regular menu has some nice surprises as well. Staff needs to pay a little more attention to keeping the eating areas clean. It's difficult, I know but it's a turn off when you try to enjoy your meal in an unclean dining space. We'll return, for the food and hope that it will be cleaner.

1  Thank Joe D
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We were in Asheville Yogafest and decided to grab a quick bite to eat later in the evening, saw Rosetta's Kitchen and thought we would at the most have a decent meal, weren't we beyond surprised to discover this totally vegetarian, food for the masses little spot. The food was delicious and filling. My boyfriend had the Pad Thai which was amazing and I had a chickpea and potato dish which was the perfect comfort food. Large portions, great drinks, fantastic atmosphere, we totally recommend Rosettas!

1  Thank Sophia Kapusnik L
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We went here for lunch and it was perfect. Plenty of vegan options - the tempeh reuben was quite good. Very friendly service. The homemade soda drinks are interesting flavors and worth a try. Definitely a good pick for a casual dinner or a lunch.