“Good Pub Food in a Renovated Train Depot”

Village Wayside Bar & Grille
Ranked #51 of 832 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014

On our last evening in Asheville, we enjoyed a late dinner at the Village Wayside. The menu is extensive and the food was fresh. Hand-dipped thick onion rings were an appetizer. It is hard to find such good rings in many pubs. Not frozen ... these were the real deal. I had the stuffed cabbage rolls, and they were very down-home. Big! My wife had the Classic BLT, substituting avocado for the tomatoes. The thick bacon was delish, she reports.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Great sandwiches, brisket, onion rings, sweet potato tots. Interesting combinations show off some culinary excellence.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I am again reminded why, when I eat a burger, I eat it here! Once you eat a Village Wayside burger (I like mine with white cheddar cheese and bacon) you won't EVER eat a burger elsewhere! REALLY!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Loved everything, and what we didn't try but observed made us want theirs as well. I had Potsey's Piggies (Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage) with mashed potatoes and savored every bite. My friend had a salad with lamb, which she enjoyed. Shared their Big Mama's Coconut Cream Pie with a pecan sandy crust--out of this world. We each wished we hadn't shared! If I ever get back to Asheville, will definitely return here. Our waiter was great too.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stopped in here on our first night in town for a beverage and appetizer. Awesome barbecue brisket sliders and great local beer! Terrific way to start our vacation.