“Didn't Finish My Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Riverton, New Jersey
“Didn't Finish My Food”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were waiting for the Trolley and thought we should grab a bite before the 3 hour tour. People were saying it was a good place to eat and how much can go wrong with a sandwich... It was terrible. I order the Gyro w. fries. They really could have changed the oil in the deep fryer. For me to leave fries on my plate is unheard of. My friends brisket sandwich was not really any better. The service was good, very nice girl. Place could be cleaner! Oh well, what do you want for an old RR Station.

Clyde, North Carolina
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Village Wayside is conveniently located in Biltmore Village, great for lunch while shopping or a drink afterward. Accommodating and friendly staff, food fresh and excellently prepared. Try the housemade potato chips!

1 Thank Bramlett
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“A++”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

On a friend's recommendation, I had a chef's special: Burnt End Brisket Burger. It was absolutely the tastiest burger I have ever had. It incorporates the 'bark' of the beef brisket into the patty. Juicy, richly flavorful, cooked perfectly. The server was cheerful, knowledgeable, and seemed to appear out of nowhere just as we needed her. I like the comfy, relaxed layout and atmosphere at the Village Wayside. I've had a couple of other meals there, but I am compelled to expound about this chef's special burger. The down side: it's not always available.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Janice S
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Do NOT miss this Taste-Bud Treat While in Asheville!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

It doesn't look like much, but the awesome food served at the Village Wayside Bar & Grille will certainly grab your attention. Even they (hand cut) french fries are worth fighting over! Take my advice and go ahead and get any extra side order. The prices are GREAT, too - not too much! We recently stumbled upon this gem for dinner on a quick visit to Asheville, and before we left that weekend, we came back the next day to get to eat there one more time before leaving town! It IS that good!!

Mebane, North Carolina
“Nice Break From Shopping”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Village Wayside Bar & Grille is a lovely place to have lunch after exploring Biltmore Village. My husband and I opted to eat outside as the lovely October Asheville weather beckoned us. The tables and chairs are metal patio furniture. The seats were comfortable and the setting was very nice with their lush plants growing in nearby containers.
We were in the mood for some appetizers thus we opted for the Texas Brisket Sliders. The owner is from the Lone Star State thus he really knows how to make great brisket! Our three beef brisket sliders topped with Cheerwine BBQ sauce was a great and pleasant surprise. The beef was tender and lean. We were a little hesitant about the Cheerwine, but it was perfect. Both of us agreed that the next time we came here, we would get the beef brisket entrée. It was that good! The sliders were served with hand cut French Fries. They were crispy, with just the right amount of salt.
Our second appetizer was their Beer-Battered Onion Ring Basket. The Village Wayside Bar & Grille uses sweet Vidalia onions that are, hand dipped in French Broad Gateway Kolsch (An Asheville microbrewed beer) batter. Despite the heavy amount of batter, we found the onion rings to be better than most. The main reason for liking them was that it was not dripping with oil like many restaurants’ onion rings.
The appetizers were washed down with local microbrewed beer that was on tap. The local beer selection is rather limited, but we were able to find an Asheville beer that we liked.
For desert, we had a decadent triple layer cake that was very popular among the patrons. We were fortunate to get the last piece. It was made with pumpkin cheesecake by one of the restaurant’s bakers. This is rather surprising as many restaurants have a bakery or someone else make it for them.
You will find this a nice place to go. The biggest problem may be the parking situation. Biltmore Village is very popular on the weekends thus finding a spot can take some time – probably long enough to work up an appetite.