“Delish!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Hampton,VA
“Delish!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This restaurant was once the train station and you can watch the trains go by wile you eat. It is small and casual, but the food is out of this world. Casual, American cuisine, all well prepared to order for a good price. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited October 2012

SEATTLE
“Good food at a good price”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had the special of the night - Beef Tips for $11.99
They had 2 local brews on tap.
It is in the old railway station across the street from the Biltmore Estate

• Visited October 2012
“Casual atmosphere, great food, good for families”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband & I and our daughters (ages 10& 12) had dinner here on Monday night. The food was great! Lots of variety, casual atmosphere & good service.. Great for families who have varying tastes!

Stowe, Vermont
“Excellent food”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I ate here with friends last week while on business in Asheville. Service was good, and the food was really exceptional. Curry chicken salad was delicious, and the macaroni salad was homemade. Same with the onion rings - homemade! I loved the little $1.50 red velvet cupcake! This place has delicious food, and is very reasonably priced. I will return the next time I am in Asheville.

St. Augustine, FL
“A delicious and affordable slice of history!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I discovered this place by accident Monday night when the place we meant to dine was closed. Later at dinner we both said to each other at exactly the same time "What a blessing in disguise..." We were so glad that the other place closed early.

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and our dining experience. Our food was GREAT. My husband and I both had a glass of wine. I had the special: sirloin tips with mashed potatoes and some of the best, perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned fresh vegetables (squash, zucchini, tiny green beans) you could imagaine. This was at the end of a long drive from FL to the mountains of NC and it was PERFECT comfort food. My husband had the hot pastrami sandwich. He told Rob that he hadn't had a pastrami sandwich this good since he was in NYC. All of this great food and drink was less than $40 (w/o tip).

As other diners have mentioned, this is an old RR Station Office that is feet away from the RR tracks. Trains still come by here, but now they are freight trains instead of passenger trains. That doesn't take away from the ambiance. The RR Station vibe is still very much alive, and our waiter Rob was kind enough to tell us stories about the role the station played in WWII when documents were being evacuated from the Capitol for safe-keeping. (I won't give any more away, but it gave me chills to be eating in such an historical setting.)

Sooo... beautiful setting, great service, great food, and wonderful value. What's not to like? Add to that the fact that the Village Wayside stays open later than many of the restaurants in town and you have a definite winner here.

We can't wait to come back.