“A good Irish Pub”

Cuisines: Irish, British
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed April 17, 2012

During sports events you can be overwhelmed with the young crowd and their over joyours banter. Hard to talk and think at the same time...

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Had about an hour and a half before a Celtic concert, so figured we'd hit Hannah Flanagan's for some Bangers and Mash and a pint of Guinness beforehand. The place was only about 1/3 full, and we took the only open booth. Though there were two waitstaff, it took 10 minutes of them walking by before one of them even started to clean off the table from the previous diners. Finally, 15 minutes after we sat, he brought the menus - no "Hi" or "Welcome to Hannah Flanagan's" or "sorry for the wait" - not even a smile - just an unchanging scowl. Then he left before we even had a chance to order beers, only coming back about 10 minutes after that to take our order.

We told him we had a concert to be at soon and that we sort of needed to hurry. I ordered a burger and my spouse ordered the Bangers and Mash. I asked for my burger well done and as the waiter was walking away again he called over his shoulder that the well done would take a bit. I responded that medium would be fine if it would speed things up. His response - he turned and yelled "Attitude!"

Anyway, the food came out 30 minutes later (total time now 55 mins after we came in). The food was good, though IMHO the bangers should have been served with peas instead of some bland squash. But because of the delays, we had to quickly wolf down our food, pay and bolt for our show.

So, while the food was good, and the beers were on special for $3/pint of local brew, the bad attitude of the server has put us off returning here (other patrons were commenting on his bad attitude as well).

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Average pub food in a pub atmshere I had their fish and chips which were very good.....okay to bring the kids

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Food is so so. What you expect from a dark Irish bar. Pub food. Some people loves this place and think it is one of the best burgers in town. Go to Burgermeisters. Then tell me what you think about the best burger. Not my favorite place.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Just got to downtown Asheville and we were looking for something different and we saw Hannah's. It was kind of slow and I was worried it wouldn't be good. I spoke to soon because with in 15 minutes 40 people arrived. They were all seated quickly and even though they were understaffed they were pleasant. There was a nice selection and the food we ordered was enjoyable. My hats off to the waiter and cook who held up well under fire-11/25/2011