“Absolutely Outstanding, both food and service”

Jerusalem Garden Cafe
Ranked #22 of 786 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: College St
Description: Right in the heart of downtown Asheville across the street from Pritchard Park, and next to Asheville Discount Pharmacy. We offer lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch, and small tapas plates. We have traditional floor seating in our "tent room", outdoor seating, and a more typical dining room as well. We have daily and nightly specials, with live music and belly dancing on Friday and Saturday nights (reservations recommended.) Check our our menus on our website, and call for reservations!
Northeast, TN
“Absolutely Outstanding, both food and service”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This place is so SO good. My husband and I were wandering around trying to decide where to have dinner when I happened to glance across the street and spot this place. We decided to give it a shot and we were both so glad we did! Extremely polite and fast service. We were given a choice of floor seating, table or couch, and the couch seating was super-comfy and offered a great view of the rest of the restaurant. Nice decor, musicians and belly dancer the night we were there as well. We started with an appetizer portion of kibbeh, which was served with harissa and tahini. Though the kibbeh itself wasn't all that impressive, I was VERY impressed that they didn't skimp on lamb or pine nuts at all and the whole plate only ran us $6. My husband ordered Black Angus Filet, which had a pomegranate fig sauce and was topped with butter poached lump crab, baby asparagus, and served with mashed potatoes. It was astoundingly good. He says it's one of the best things he's ever eaten- which I hope doesn't mean I'm overstating the amazingness of my own meal which I ALSO feel was one of the best thing's I'VE ever eaten! I had mango curry shrimp, which was made with colossal shrimp and served with couscous and grape leaves. I'm salivating even thinking about it. We can't wait to return!

• Visited June 2013

Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
“Delightful Dinner”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Very nice menu. Excellent, well-prepared food. Superior service from Morgan. The modest exterior might not catch your attention amid some of the more popular spots, but this place is worth a try.

Visited June 2013
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“Looking forward to our next visit!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Mu husband and I met another couple for dinner here on a Thursday night. The dining room was busy but not full. One waiter seemed to be handling both the front and back dining rooms which made for slow service. Since we were in no hurry, that was okay. We arrived at 7:00 and finally left at 9:30. While we were there, and our party was not the last to leave, chairs were turned over atop tables as the staff began closing down for the night. A big no-no. That said, the food was very good and well-priced. We're all looking forward to our next visit.

Visited April 2013
Kingsport, Tennessee
“DELISH Mediterranean food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

You cannot go wrong with Jerusalem Garden. My husband and I go here every time we are in or just driving through Asheville. If you like Mediterranean-style food, you will love it here. We have gotten the kafta meshwi (lamb kabobs) numerous times, moussaka, tabbouleh, dolma (grape leaves) greek salad, the sampler, baba ganoush and hummus, and everything has been delicious. Great atmosphere as well with floor seating. You feel like you have stepped out of the US when you step into Jerusalem Garden!

• Visited April 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Pleasant and great service”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Jerusalem Garden Cafe was a pleasant find after some over priced, overhyped, and overcrowded restaurants in Asheville. I had the Morroccan couscous and my friend had the lamb. The Lebanese wine was a tasty bargain as well! I liked the courteous, professional service as well as the middle eastern decor.

As another review said, parking in downtown Asheville is diffiicult but we managed to find a spot nearby on a side street.

• Visited April 2013