“DELISH Mediterranean food”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: College St
Description: Right in the heart of downtown Asheville across the street from Pritchard Park, and next to Asheville Discount Pharmacy. We offer lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch, and small tapas plates. We have traditional floor seating in our "tent room", outdoor seating, and a more typical dining room as well. We have daily and nightly specials, with live music and belly dancing on Friday and Saturday nights (reservations recommended.) Check our our menus on our website, and call for reservations!
Reviewed April 29, 2013

You cannot go wrong with Jerusalem Garden. My husband and I go here every time we are in or just driving through Asheville. If you like Mediterranean-style food, you will love it here. We have gotten the kafta meshwi (lamb kabobs) numerous times, moussaka, tabbouleh, dolma (grape leaves) greek salad, the sampler, baba ganoush and hummus, and everything has been delicious. Great atmosphere as well with floor seating. You feel like you have stepped out of the US when you step into Jerusalem Garden!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Jerusalem Garden Cafe was a pleasant find after some over priced, overhyped, and overcrowded restaurants in Asheville. I had the Morroccan couscous and my friend had the lamb. The Lebanese wine was a tasty bargain as well! I liked the courteous, professional service as well as the middle eastern decor.

As another review said, parking in downtown Asheville is diffiicult but we managed to find a spot nearby on a side street.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped in for brunch on our way out of Asheville after a weekend getaway. The atmosphere is supe fun, the service was incredible, and the food..... Ahhhhh the food. Tasty, high quality, huge portions, and cheap! My boyfriend had pecan pancakes which were huge and absolutely divine. I ordered a biscuits and gravy platter that consisted of four fresh buttermilk biscuits, homemade sausage sawmill gravy, home fried potatoes, scrambled eggs, and bacon. All I can say is, I have never been so full in my life and our bill was $22! All in all, I can't wait to go back to Asheville and this will for sure be our final stop again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited a couple weeks ago for the first time. We both loved what we got. He got the lamb and I got the Filet Kabob. Mine was so tender and delicious. The spices were nothing like I've ever tasted. So interesting and unique and yet incredible. I even liked the authentic decor. Felt like I was back in the Middle East. Great food. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The sauce on my braised lamb was truly inspiring. I eat a lot of braises lamb and the sauce on this dish was truly different and excellent. The decor is fun. The location is close to all the fun. You really should try this place.