“Food terrific, service perfect”
Review of Zambra

Zambra
Ranked #22 of 829 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Haywood Street
Description: Our dynamic menu is the passion of Executive Chef Adam. Adam has attained many influences through his training in Europe and New Orleans. Zambra is his modern vision of the tastes and flavors of the western Mediterranean: Spain, Portugal, Gypsy, and North Africa. As an appropriate accompaniment, we have assembled the region's finest selection of Spanish and New World wines. We have been awarded the Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and our wine list has been voted the best in Asheville.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Had dinner at this unique Tapas restaurant which was referred by a foodie. The foodie said the pan fried trout was the she best had ever had; so good she dreamed about it. I understand the dream; fantastic! Other dishes were exceptional.

Corrine, our wait person, was probably the best wait person i have EVER experienced in any level restaurant period !!
She was professional, knowledgeable, timed her appearances perfectly, provided insightful menu suggestions, and was utterly charming in a professional manner.

The decor is funky; so Asheville.

I would return for the food; I would return just to be served by Corrine !

Highly recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Went here for dinner. Food was excellent. Great Spanish wines also. Tuna meatballs were outstanding. Pork spring rolls were superb and the Tilefish was fantastic. Ate at the bar and enjoyed the atmosphere. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Very romantic setting. Koko was our server who worked around my nut and seafood allergies. This restaurant offers small plates or large-tapa style. We enjoyed Mushrooms, gnocchi, Pan Rustico and Chop salad. They do have Ice tea which was the only downfall for me as I cannot drink alcohol. They have Pepsi products. Would go her again when in the area. I checked off more formal dining but we ate for about 39 plus tax and that included wine for my husband. Reasonable for something with a great romantic atmosphere though I saw people and groups of all ages here.

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I weren't sure where to dine with all the wonderful restaurants in Asheville, But we're ecstatic we found Zambra!
The choices of small plates were extensive and beyond delicious! Truly every dish was unique and balanced,
fresh and well, perfect! Sunburst trout, pork cheek, gnocchi, veg plates-just to name a few!
The place was a little noisy and dimly lit but the music was nice, and service was good.absolutely a hit, especially that they start for dinner until 10:30!
Will definitely return to this wonderful restaurant!

Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

One of our favorite places in Asheville. Zambra has good selection of tapas and best sangria I've ever had. Do not miss this place when you're in town! You won't be disappointed!!!