“Great place”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Haywood Street
Description: Our dynamic menu is the passion of Executive Chef Adam. Adam has attained many influences through his training in Europe and New Orleans. Zambra is his modern vision of the tastes and flavors of the western Mediterranean: Spain, Portugal, Gypsy, and North Africa. As an appropriate accompaniment, we have assembled the region's finest selection of Spanish and New World wines. We have been awarded the Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and our wine list has been voted the best in Asheville.
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Incredible variety and atmosphere. We spent hours here and enjoyed every minute. The service and decor were also tops.

1  Thank J03C00L

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The food was very good. Lots of wine, not so much beer. The staff was polite but a little stand off ish. I would go back though.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have been here multiple times over the course of the last 4-5 years. It has always been excellent. On my last visit I had the free range chicken and it was absolutely delicious! Excellent wine, drink, and beer list as well. You can't go wrong eating and drinking here. It does get noisy inside, so if hearing is an issue this may not be the best choice.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The tapas and entrées here are AMAZING! Maybe I got lucky, but my bf and I ordered 5 different tapas and an entrée each and we couldn't stop eating! It is some of the best restaurant food we have ever had and I have been to more than a few countries. Needless to say we had left overs for breakfast!

We had duck, lamb, pheasant and pork... I have no idea how anyone can give this place a lacklustre review! To top everything off, the ambience is wonderful. They have this cozy, romantic Moroccan setting in a quiet, low key environment. My only regret is that I tried this on our last night in Asheville. I am going back to Asheville soon and will be eating at this place every night!

I told the server that if I ever opened a restaurant I will steal his chef!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I loved the looks of this place from the reviews. It had snowed, so we walked, and there were not many there. Our wait person was nice, not really informative, but we figured out what we might like, and ordered. We both ordered drinks, and though the price would have been OK had they had any liquor in them, they were pricy without. I seldom drink and don't like the taste of strong liquor, and mine was too weak for me. The food however was great. We had never had tapas, and the broccoli sprouts, the chicken, everything was delicious. I would try it again.