“I so enjoy going to Zambras”
Review of Zambra

Zambra
Ranked #18 of 786 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Haywood Street
Description: Our dynamic menu is the passion of Executive Chef Adam. Adam has attained many influences through his training in Europe and New Orleans. Zambra is his modern vision of the tastes and flavors of the western Mediterranean: Spain, Portugal, Gypsy, and North Africa. As an appropriate accompaniment, we have assembled the region's finest selection of Spanish and New World wines. We have been awarded the Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and our wine list has been voted the best in Asheville.
Asheville, North Carolina
“I so enjoy going to Zambras”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The food here is just amazing and the chefs continue to impress every time I visit. They have these figs wrapped in bacon and stuffed with cheese that I am not capable of dining there without ordering them. They are decadent. I love that the staff knows the wine so well and I always feel confident in their suggestions..

Visited July 2013

Ennis, Montana
“Excellent for a date night”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Zambra is as good of a tapas restaurant/bar as you will find. Everything we ordered (8 different items) we fantastic. The atmosphere is excellent. Great place to spend 1-2 hours with friends and some wine. Very good prices for the quality of the food. We had very good service as well.

We'll definitely stop in every time we're in the Asheville area!

1 Thank WyattChirp
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Choice”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I ran across Zambra during a short weekend in Asheville. The food was high quality and of special note the sesame seared scallops were delicious. It's a great place to eat at the bar or if you want a table I'd recommend reservations (not sure if they take them). Net net, is for a small town the food was surprisingly inventive, well prepared and tasty. The service on the other hand was a little slow but I don't fault anything other then the fact that the restaurant was at capacity and in full swing.

Mobile, Alabama
“Cool place!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Dined here for the first time on a busy Friday night. We made reservations two days in advance which I recommend. Awesome atmosphere, cool bar, dimly lit and super cozy. Ask for one of the pillowed, comfy booths. We had a selection of olives, Spanish cheeses, pork belly, beef heart, and lamb. Our favorite tapas were the beef heart and pork belly.
Insane wine list, live music, amazing atmosphere, great food makes Zambra's a must stop in Asheville! Will definitely be back. Loved this place

Cary, North Carolina
“Must Try”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just finishing eating here. Loved it!! There were so many different things to try. I really liked everything that that I tried. The drinks were great too. Something for everyone…..TONS of wine to choose from. Good beers and some fun cocktails. The staff was just ok. They were all very nice but took a while at some points for someone to come back to the table and that was a little bummer. The atmosphere is so cool. It looks nothing like every other restaurant. Very cozy feeling. We will go back.