“Fun place to eat”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Haywood Street
Description: Our dynamic menu is the passion of Executive Chef Adam. Adam has attained many influences through his training in Europe and New Orleans. Zambra is his modern vision of the tastes and flavors of the western Mediterranean: Spain, Portugal, Gypsy, and North Africa. As an appropriate accompaniment, we have assembled the region's finest selection of Spanish and New World wines. We have been awarded the Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and our wine list has been voted the best in Asheville.
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The food was great. The atmosphere was wonderful. Very good service. Our first time here and the experience was wonderful. We will go back next time we are in Asheville. Love the small batch bourbon they have here. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

For a tapas place, they need to work on the pacing and sequencing of the food ordered. Also, having food warmer than lukewarm would be nice.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a nice 2 hour meal with friends - the tempo was great and selections interesting. The vegetable dishes were particularly good including the watercress and tomatoes - the braised tofu was very good as well. On the downside the lighting is terrible for 50+ year old eyes - a few more watts would be nice. Also the music started about 8:30 - wish it was peeled back a bit earlier .

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We discovered this restaurant while on the Eating Asheville tour earlier in the afternoon. With a vegetarian for one kid, and the world's pickiest 20 year old for the other, after glancing over the menu, we decided that Zambra held something for all of us.

We absolutely loved the decor. It had a Southwest feel to it, and the lighting and curved walls made it feel cozy.

Food was very good. We shared about 6 small plates, everything from fried pickles to sauteed trout to fried quail. None of us left hungry or disappointed.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I visit Asheville about once a week, I've always heard good things about Zambra. While my brother was visiting from out of town we stopped in for a small bite to eat and some drinks. The atmosphere was nice. The place smelt great, and the band playing was awesome!
The two of us were sat in a little nook with three other tables. All the tables in the restaurant were close together, that didn't bother me. The booth I sat on was covered in crumbs.
Our server Natalie(?) had shoulder length dirty blonde greasy hair. She wasn't friendly what so ever. She had a negative air about her. I ordered a blackberry-chipotle martini which she promptly forgot. We ordered a couple of things that ended up being 86ed earlier in the evening, she just wasn't informed i guess. So she had to return to the table after we ordered and waited for what it seemed to be fifteen minutes.
I finally got my first drink seconds after our first plate. The drinks were weak, I had the pear martini that was just ok. Our food was nothing special. The dishes looked pretty but the flavors didn't impress me.
I'm not interested in returning.

Dine in date: Saturday August 10th