“One of many great places to eat” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Zambra

Zambra
Reserve with OpenTable
Zambra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Haywood Street
Description: Our dynamic menu is the passion of Executive Chef Adam. Adam has attained many influences through his training in Europe and New Orleans. Zambra is his modern vision of the tastes and flavors of the western Mediterranean: Spain, Portugal, Gypsy, and North Africa. As an appropriate accompaniment, we have assembled the region's finest selection of Spanish and New World wines. We have been awarded the Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and our wine list has been voted the best in Asheville.
Pikeville, Kentucky, United States
“One of many great places to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We really enjoyed Zambra. With so many good places to eat in Asheville, we were not disappointed with our dinner here. We ordered 3-4 tapas each and that was plenty of food. Great flavors and presentation. I loved my scallops and brussel sprouts while my fiance' raved about his pork spring rolls. My only complaint, and the reason I knocked off one star, was the list of wines "by the glass." I love red wine and it was disappointing to see only a few choices on this list. I had a Zin that was just ok. On the other hand, my fiance loved his liquor drinks and stated he would go back again just to have their drinks again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Amazing taste combinations and awesome atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We shared four tapas and each had a signature cocktail. The food was wonderful, especially the duck and the scallops. This place is a must do location.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Always great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

To be honest Zambras is probably the best place to eat in Asheville hands down..... If you want great tapas ... Look no further definetly blow curate out of the water... Every single time that we have dined here food and quality has always been on point... I just recently had the opportunity to compete against these guy in the chef challenge in Asheville and it was great to go against and out let that has great pride in what comes out of the kitchen .... Makes me think there is something wrong with Trip advisor cause Zambras should definetly be in the top #3

US
“Excellent food, great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Zambra was recommended to us by the staff at Grove Park Inn. I know there are a number of excellent restaurants in Asheville but we were very pleased with our experience here. We had 9:00 reservations for a Friday night, and the bar and restaurant were still busy - nearly full. We were seated in one of the cozy side rooms. My friend and I often order together and share everything, so the tapas style suits us very well. We each picked two dishes and they arrived one by one, allowing us to enjoy each fully before the next arrived. Each dish was excellent; I believe the scallops with potato pancake was probably the best scallops I've ever had. After finishing the four items, we ordered one more -- the papas. I don't think I've ever had potatoes cooked so perfectly; they were crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. We skipped dessert but they sounded wonderful. I'll happily go back the next time I'm in Asheville.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
asheville, nc
“little plates with great flair”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Everyone needs to try a little tapas - at least once - and this is a great place to do that. A huge variety with unique flavors to suit any palate. Super comfortable atmosphere for anything from romance to a family outing.

Visited January 2013