“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Zambra

Zambra
Reserve with OpenTable
Zambra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Haywood Street
Description: Our dynamic menu is the passion of Executive Chef Adam. Adam has attained many influences through his training in Europe and New Orleans. Zambra is his modern vision of the tastes and flavors of the western Mediterranean: Spain, Portugal, Gypsy, and North Africa. As an appropriate accompaniment, we have assembled the region's finest selection of Spanish and New World wines. We have been awarded the Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and our wine list has been voted the best in Asheville.
Layton, Utah, United States
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We went to Zambra last week after checking reviews, and we couldn't be happier with our experience. The atmosphere was very nice, even though the restaurant was crowded, and the food was amazing - maybe the best I have had in recent history. The chef's at Zambra really know how to use aromatics, and flavorful ingredients to make some wonderfully tasty dishes. The tapas experience allows you to enjoy several of their delicious items, which we did. We ordered 8 items and all were wonderful. The pork loin special was particularly divine! I recommend Zambra 100%, and we will definitely return each time we visit Asheville!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Zambra wasn't our first choice but it worked out very well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We initially tried to go to a smaller seemingly more popular tapas restaurant in Asheville but it was crowded and would have resulted in an unknown wait. So we took a short walk to Zambra. Zambra has an excellent atmosphere amd is very nicely decorated. The service could have been more attentive especially the initial drink and food orders but it did get better once we got the tapas rolling. I must say the tapas were excellent and very well priced - a good value. Excellent wine selection to accompany your Spanish Tapas!

Johnson City, Tennessee
“Excellent hideaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I'd been to Zambra once before and couldn't wait to come back. A friend offered to take me anywhere in Asheville for a birthday dinner and Zambra was my choice. She'd never been and she was just as pleased as I was. Excellent service, intimate setting, fantastic food. The gnocci are awesome! Daughter had the duck confit and cheese plate. I had the gnocci and grilled shrimp and sadly I can't remember what my friend had...but I know she loved it. I'll be back...even though it's an hours drive away!

• Visited September 2012
StvKoehler
“Fun night with tapas and wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I liked Zambra a lot. This was the second time visiting for me, the first being last fall. Both times we had a great time. We had a group of eight and ordered several bottles of wine, and lots of tapas dishes. They were fun tasty dishes, and we ordered doubles of those we especially liked. The best part is that our share of the bill was only about $60, which for two, with wine, was a pleasant surprise.

• Visited September 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“Fun way to try a lot of flavors!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We went to Zambra for our anniversary dinner. It's a good tapas restaurant and they mean it when they say "small plates" - most plates have enough food for 2-3 people to have a helping but no more. Between 2 of us, we ordered 7 plates (2 salads and a vegetable in there) but if you choose the meatier ones, you could order fewer.

We liked the seasonal nature of the food and the variety. The long list of food specials means that you'd always have something to choose from. The prices were very affordable for what we got - $70 for dinner and 3 drinks (total, not each).

My only complaint was that the restaurant was very, very dark. I'm not 90 (I'm actually 29 with 20-20 vision) and I could barely see! Some tables had overhead lighting but ours had only a candle and it was very difficult to see.