“De-lish!”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 12, 2009

So good that we ate there 2 days in a row. Shellfish corn chowder, fried green tomato BLT on dill bread and bread basket were amazing.

Reviewed October 6, 2009

Every time we go to Asheville we spluge on this restaurant, the food is AMAZING, the atmosphere is so beautiful nestled in the woods, and the chef is the master of seasonings, super great food. We are health concious and there is always plenty of delicious healthy fare at the Grovewood - truly something for everyone. A real favorite -- not to be missed!

Reviewed March 29, 2009

The Grovewood is next door to the Grove Park. If you are staying at GPI and want a dinner or lunch out without a drive it is perfect. The style is plain and pleasant. The servers are not terribly polished, but the food is very good. I usually have at least one meal here on every trip to Asheville.
I had dinner here, a first rate vegetable plate, and a lunch. For lunch I requested blue cheese rather than goat cheese on teh beet salad. When the salad arrived I told the server that I had been given goat cheese. She argued with me and told me it was blue cheese. Several minutes later another server came to my table and apologized for the error about the cheese. The server who made the error made a great show of pretending not to be aware of her mistake. The second server offered to remove my bottled water from my bill because of the error. I accepted the offer. Apparently she talked to someone in the kitchen because she came back several minutes later and said they would not charge me for the incorrectly prepared dish. I felt that was a more appropriate solution to the mistake.

Reviewed June 23, 2008

Having recently read less than stellar reviews of the Grovewood Cafe Restaurant, I paid more than average attention to the service and quality of food during our most recent visit in June 2008 for dinner. The restaurant is rather plain but it's not ugly...just simple with nice lighting, white cloth table linens, and muted colored walls and is quiet enough for ease of conversation. We love the fact that there is a nice parking lot just for this restaurant and we can always find parking when the Grove Park Inn next door can be very crowded. At his request, we took an out of town friend there for his second visit . He raved about his dish (scallop special)...telling us that the "mixture of tastes was just amazing" . I had a vegetarian plate and didn't find it as outstanding as their meat dishes have been in the past...however, the green fried tomatoes were delectable. Hubby had buffalo meatloaf and said it had a "light taste and marvelous flavor". Teenager had a pasta dish. The creme brule was beyond fantastic but I didn't care much for the German Chocolate Pie. Just ask the server what their favorite dish is and you won't go wrong...she recommended the Creme Brule, not the pie. Prices have increased somewhat over the past couple of years, what hasn't? A meal for four with one appetizer to share , 1 glass of wine, 3 desserts, 1 coffee, 4 entrees was around $125.00 which is on the lower end of the menu spectrum. I STILL recommend it as one of our favorite restaurants in Asheville and more affordable than eating at the Grove Park Inn across the street.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook