“Great food, very filling”
Review of Vincenzo's Asheville - CLOSED

Vincenzo's Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: College
Description: For over twenty-two years, Vincenzo's has been an institution in Ashevile's vibrant, downtown restaurant scene. Providing award winning food and service, live local music nightly and both white tablecloth and Bistro style service has allowed us to survive and thrive. We hope you come and build a wonderful memory with us soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food, very filling”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Went to this restaurant recently for a larger gathering (16 people). The staff was very friendly, accommodating and helpful. We dinned upstairs and there were happy faces around the table. No complaints on the food, it was delicious.

The two problems with the restaurant establishment are that it is not handicapped accessible and parking. The restaurant has and upstairs and downstairs. You can dine in both areas, and downstairs there is a piano bar with live music. From the entrance, there are stairs both ways. If you have someone that cannot take stairs, this is not a good choice. There is also very little parking. There are some side lots down tthe street that are for multiple establishments, Vincenzo does not have its own lot. If you are on foot, no problem, but in a car its not so easy. Many spots are also blocked off downtown so be careful you don't park somewhere with 24/7 towing.
Just be cautious, my my group there were some grandparents that don't do stairs well and had trouble. Especially if you dine upstairs, the bathrooms are down.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Alison R
vinpiano, Owner at Vincenzo's Asheville, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
First of all Thank you so much for your kind words about our food and service. Vincenzo's has taken great pride for 24 years in pleasing our customers with award winning food and service. It is always great to hear we are succeeding.

The accessibility issues you referred to are problematic for us. Our building is a historical building and it has been impossible to make the adjustments you referred to. Please accept my regrets for any inconvenience you experienced.

Parking, is a significant challenge for every business in downtown. Vincenzo's actually has more adjacent parking available than most. We have three parking lots close to our building. While we do share with our neighbors, if you call us we can reserve space. I apologize if that was not communicated.

Again, thank you for your review and visit.

Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was a treat. We were there for NC State tennis championships and had a delicious meal with piano entertainment and great service

1 Thank fishkill12
vinpiano, Owner at Vincenzo's Asheville, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We have have seen great response from the Tennis tournament over the years. We look forward to your return to Asheville next year. Steve is a great pianist.

“Old fashioned Italian”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

If your desire is to have old fashioned Italian food, and high prices this is the place to go.
On the other hand, there are so many other options in Asheville.

vinpiano, Owner at Vincenzo's Asheville, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for the compliment.

For twenty-four years, Vincenzo's has dedicated itself to providing a genuine Italian dining experience. We would use the words Old School and Old World. While that may not keep us "trendy" it does seem to please most of our customers

The Italians pride themselves on using the freshest, highest quality ingredients and those are not cheap. Our prices have to reflect that. I hope you will review our menu. We have some very affordable options. We offer smaller portions of most items for lighter appetites and they have less impact on our guests budget.
Asheville, North Carolina
“AVL Local Baffled By Negative Reviews”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My wife and I have been to Vincenzo's numerous times since we moved here from D.C.
seven years ago. I can honestly say, we have never had a bad meal in Vincenzo's and
as a matter of fact, all of our dining experiences have been good there.
When I see someone write a review that is so negative (one or two stars of 5) for any
restaurant or establishment here (or anywhere else on the internet), I feel someone has an
'axe to grind' .
Comments like "Luckily, my stomach was only slightly upset afterwards." are uncalled for.
My wife and I have been fortunate enough to travel to many different places (especially
European destinations....Italy,twice). We have had some fairly high quality cuisine
on those travels (and here in the U.S.). We would rate the experience at Vincenzo's
nothing less than 4 of 5 stars, if we have to get into a numerical rating.
Another issue I have, with a different review, is giving ratings based on the 'music' or
the margarita they had. While I agree there is a 'whole package experience' when a
person dines out, there should not be so much weight given to these items when rating
a restaurant. It should be primarily on the food and service. If you want a more quiet
experience in Vincenzo's, then eat in the regular dining room upstairs and not in the
lounge(where there often is music). If you want a good margarita, go to a Mexican restaurant, not an Italian one(where there might be great wine,instead).

• Visited February 2014
Dear Bradd,

Thank-you for the kind words and the vigorous defense. As a forty-seven year veteran of the restaurant industry, I have learned to take the good with the bad. That is especially true when a restaurant like Vincenzo's has successfully survived and even thrived for twenty-four years. I cannot tell you how grateful I am when a loyal customer takes the time to write such a wonderful review. Please let me know when you plan to come again. I'd love to see you.

“A bad choice”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

With so many good Italian restaurants to choose from in Asheville, this would be a bad choice. Had a really terrible meal there the other night. My wife and I went with a large group and they must of held my order for a while so that it arrived cold and coagulated. But even if it had been served fresh, the food was awful I ordered a chicken marsala plate and the meat was thin, tough and chewy, not even readily identifiable as chicken. I had to ask the waiter if it were really chicken. My wife had a pasta dish with Alfredo sauce and it tasted nothing like any Alfredo sauce i ever had before.
This is not really Italian food. They just put an Italian name on their dishes and call them 'Italian'.
Luckily, my stomach was only slightly upset afterwards.

• Visited May 2014
On behalf of Vincenzo's ownership and staff, I am very sorry you found your experience a bad one. I am still hoping you will respond to my request concerning who served you and what group you were with. I have tried to check back with all of our large parties recently and as yet have not been able to locate who you were with.

The dishes you were disappointed with are classic preparations which we have executed successfully for years. The Alfredo uses imported cheeses, 40% butterfat, whole cream and fresh garlic toasted to order. We regularly get rave reviews. The chicken is tenderized by hand to a uniform thickness to promote consistency and the sauce is naturally thickened with flour and butter. The stock is produced in house, so it is very fresh.

The ownership and staff have regularly visited Italy over the years to experience the recipes and wines first hand. We believe that they are classically prepared old world representations.

I am very sorry again that we disappointed you. We will try to track this down asap.