“Excellent Traditional Italian”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: College
Description: For over twenty-two years, Vincenzo's has been an institution in Ashevile's vibrant, downtown restaurant scene. Providing award winning food and service, live local music nightly and both white tablecloth and Bistro style service has allowed us to survive and thrive. We hope you come and build a wonderful memory with us soon.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

If you like Mad Men, you'll LOVE Vincenzo's. And, if you're looking for a traditonal Italian restaurant, with very good food and perfect service, you've found your place, I often don't comment on the staff by name, but, in this case, feel that I should. Teddy added to our very enjoyable experience with his attentive (but not intrusive) professional service. My husband ordered the lasagna and was quite happy with Vincenzo's unique preparation, very flavorful and different than any version he'd ever had. My chicken marsala was excellent and I appreciate that many of the dishes may be ordered in smaller portions. The large upstairs dining room was a counterpoint to the many trendy downtown restaurants - old-fashioned and welcoming. We'll be back often, but will ask to be seated away from the too-bright front window. And, next time, I be sure to leave a little room for an after-dinner drink. There's a downstairs lounge with live music but we were too full to stay and listen.

vinpiano, Owner at Vincenzo's Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you so much for the terrific review! "Traditional Italian restaurant, with very good food and perfect service" — we couldn't have put it better ourselves. We'll definitely pass on your comments to Teddy, he'll really appreciate the compliments, I'm sure. Come visit us for another great night of memories and marsala soon!

Dwight Butner, Owner

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We visited this restaurant on New Year's week-end. We knew it was an older restaurant by the decor. The menu was ok, and we ordered. I ordered Veal scallopini and it was not very warm, but very overcooked. I had ordered a small side of pasta and asked for marinara sauce. The pasta came, but no sauce. I asked the waiter again, and ten minutes later, still no sauce. Finally my husband asked another waiter, who brought the sauce to me.
The worst part was when we were waiting for a cab, after about 20 minutes, I asked the hostess if she could call again? /the owner was standing there and turned to the hostess and said "you know that is not your job" Really??
No reason to return. Ever.

vinpiano, Owner at Vincenzo's Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Communication is a funny thing. At times we all misunderstand something that is being said.

Sadly, that is the case in this review. Our guest was waiting on a cab when she heard me talking to a manager about an unrelated matter concerning policy. As a person with 46 years in the business and a long career as a professional waiter, service is of utmost importance to us. My front desk personel had called for a cab and followed up with the company. It was taking to long. I endeavored to explain this to no avail.

Vincenzo's will be more discreate about internal communications in the future.

Dwight Butner
Owner

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Has an excellent reputation and people who go there go back many times. I have gone here for years and it remains one of my favorite

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. Come visit us again soon!

Dwight Butner, Owner

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were staying at a B&B in Asheville and asked the owner for a recommendation for a nice restaurant. He recommended Vincenzo's and it sounded good. We parked on the street and walked into the restaurant and almost turned around and left. It didn't look like a very nice place to eat, but we decided to give it a try. We were shown a table upstairs, and it was very nice. Our waitress was exceptional and the food was very good. Such a nice restaurant hidden away on a little street.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Ate here on a Sat. night. Busy with the dining areas, both upstairs & down quite full. Our server was very reserved and gave the impression he would rather be doing something else. The food was good, but not exceptional.

Our server asked if one of our party would like "another glass of wine?"
The answer was yes, but her glass was still about 1/4 full. She had ordered the wine by the glass. The server returned and topped off the glass and then charged for two glasses of wine. Never had this type of service before. This earned the server an adjustment in his tip.

Over all an ok night,but wouldn't make any extra effort to return.