“Great service, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Vincenzo's Asheville - CLOSED

Vincenzo's Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: College
Description: For over twenty-two years, Vincenzo's has been an institution in Ashevile's vibrant, downtown restaurant scene. Providing award winning food and service, live local music nightly and both white tablecloth and Bistro style service has allowed us to survive and thrive. We hope you come and build a wonderful memory with us soon.
Perry, Georgia
“Great service, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were seated in the upstairs dining room. Although it was full, we had no problem carrying on a conversation. Another reviewer said it was dated, but it reminded me of many of the Italian restaurants in the northeast and midwest that are family owned. Our service was excellent, food was good, but not exceptional. Compared to the food prices at the Grove Park in where we were staying, it was a bargain. We would return on another Asheville trip.

• Visited October 2012

atlanta, georgia
“Food delicious, service just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

When I entered the restaurant only a couple of tables were full. At first my waitress was attentive, but once more people were seated I was forgotten. The waitress told me that all the food was made to order so I ordered the cheese ravioli with mushroom only. I specifically said to leave the pecans out of the dish. Unfortunately either the kitchen or my waitress didn't listen to my request. My waitress never came over to see how my food was and when she saw that I had to pick the pecans out she didn't even apologize. There is a great piano player to add some entertainment while you eat. The food was very good, but the service would make me reconsider returning during peak hours.

Visited October 2012
Hollywood, Florida
“Italian delight in downtown Asheville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a great upscale restaurant for fine dining. I tried the Bruschetta appetizer $8.95 with a small Ravoli $10.95. I chased the food with the house Merlot $6.75. I loved the atmosphere and the experience. The service was friendly and I felt right at home. Next time I am in Asheville i definitely will go back to Vincenzo's. I would definitely recommend all Italian lovers to visit here.

• Visited October 2012
Woodstock, Georgia
“If they had handled a small issue more wisely, the outcome would have been better.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for dinner during a weekend getaway. We found the place by using restaurant.com and we had a coupon; spend $35 on food, get $25 off. We have found many new restaurants this way.
There was an excellent pianist who played and sang the standards throughout the evening. Wonderful! We ordered wine and then our food. The beef carpaccio was excellent, the cheese puff pastry the same. We also ordered the antipasto plate. The meats and cheeses on the plate were fine, but we both had the same reaction to the tomato and artichoke salad -- some, if not all, of the tomatoes were spoiled. you know that distinctive "bite" that a spoiled tomato/other fresh vegetable/fruit has when it has turned, and has begun to ferment? Although there was a good vinegar-based dressing on the tomato salad, it could not mask the fermentation.
For the remainder of the meal I could not help but be disturbed by thought that the chef had allowed spoiled salad, likely not properly stored or just simply too old, to be served that day. Finally we told our waiter that we were afraid the tomato salad was bad, and requested that he ask the chef to taste it and see. A while later he returned and stated that the salad was good. Then the manager came by, so we told our concern to her. She stated that she had been told the artichokes were spoiled, she had gone and tasted them, and they were fine. She said she didn't realize it was the tomatoes.
So ridiculous. At this point, they had had several opportunities to offer some sort of goodwill gesture, like take the item off of our bill, or a dessert to end the meal on a sweet note. No such thing was offered.
Our waiter eventually returned and said the chef had found that the tomatoes were indeed spoiled, and then he gave us some lame excuse about switching from locally-grown produce that they didn't have as much control over to commercially available. It was such a stupid excuse. It just didn't ring true to us. Don't restaurants have to constantly be vigilant to serve food that isn't spoiled? Isn't this what their reputation is built upon? It blew my mind. I know mistakes happen, but stop trying to cover it up with blaming it on your produce vendor.
Our waiter offered to take 1/2 of the price of the offending dish in order for our food total to equal enough to use the restaurant.com coupon. Just way too much conversation about the dish, coupon, and whether or not they served rotten tomatoes. We were done complaining to both him and the manager, and just wanted to pay and leave. Of course the tip is included when using one of those coupons, but we didn't add any additional amount, as we do when we receive excellent service.
Sorry to have been so negative but there were so many FAILs that night I just had to be honest.

1 Thank OnwardAndUpward
Burlington, North Carolina
“Still an absolute favorite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We are back a year later (and were also back in July for BeleChere)...Just outstanding!! Excellent wine list never disappoints. I swear the PEI mussels in the cream sauce are the best anywhere, and we try mussels EVERYWHERE. We've had their spicer version (red sauce), but the cream sauce is out of this world. Dinner never disappoints - my try this time was the PENNE QUILLS ALLA BOSCAIOLA (penne, peas, proscuit, mushrms) in a super sauce. MBH had steak diane to die for. We ate upstairs (6:30 they fit us in on a fast call for reservation). It grew quite crowded but we had no issues with wait times. Back in July we ate downstairs in the Bistro and also had no issues with wait time or servers. The decor is like a step back in time - folks need to relax and enjoy the ride.

• Visited September 2012