“Tasty, healthy and VEGETARIAN!!!!”
Review of Laughing Seed Cafe

Laughing Seed Cafe
Ranked #41 of 829 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: The Laughing Seed Cafe is Asheville's original downtown international vegetarian restaurant. We've provided the finest organic, local, and farm-to-table vegetarian cuisine with an international flair for twenty years and counting.
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Ate here twice! Such a find for me ( a British Vegetarian of 30 years who does not find American food very congenial....most of the time!). This is such a nice place! The food is tasty, plentiful and - given how much most people depend on meat for their daily protein, an eye-opener for anyone who thinks that Vegetarian food is odd, brown, tasteless, unpalatable. This must be a revelation! I wish there was a Laughing Seed in every American town instead of the same old, same old chicken, steak etc etc.

Please eat here if you visit Asheville and DO visit Asheville which is a gorgeous town! The 'Seed' is laughing and so was I!!!:-D

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We went to Asheville to visit our daughter who is a vegetarian most of the time. Since we are not from the area we let her choose. We are glad she did. The food here was excellent. I had the hempnut burger. It was piled high with sprouts, lettuce, carrots, onions and some sort of delicious aioli sauce. The patty was perfect and held together nicely, unlike some veggie burgers I have had. Get the jalapeño fries, fresh cut potatoes with sliced jalapeño fried together. Very good with the right amount of heat. I would give then 5 stars if the prices were just a little bit cheaper.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were wandering around downtown, looking for some place to eat with a variety of choices that we could eat for Good Friday (we're Catholic and observed Lent). Laughing Seed fit the bill! I'm definitely not a vegetarian, but I will eat it. This place was fantastic because it makes vegetarian food hip and tasty. I thought it was a little pricey, but then again, it was pretty much all organic and had many vegan dishes. You definitely get what you pay for and it is very filling!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The menu is very extensive and it was difficult to choose since they all sounded delicious! I had the "harmony bowl" which was good and it comes in large and small and the smaller version was
plenty big enough! My husband had the quesadilla which he said was delicious. My daughter and her husband split the hemp nut burger and the Cuban and enjoyed both. They said the jalapeño French fries were awesome! They have a children's menu too.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Less than average service and mediocre vegetarian food. How hard can it possibly be to check on your guests? Servers were too busy checking on their tips at the bar and too many servers were counting their tips in the dining room - classy. Skip it - you're better off driving over to Trader Joes.

4  Thank Christine F