“Everything was amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Laughing Seed Cafe

Laughing Seed Cafe
Ranked #52 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: International, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Laughing Seed Cafe is Asheville's original downtown vegetarian restaurant. We've provided the finest organic, local, and farm-to-table vegetarian cuisine with an international flair for twenty years and counting.
Princeton, South Carolina, United States
“Everything was amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

My fiance and I are vegans so we hunted down all the veggie spots in Asheville. This place looked good so we showed up right when the doors opened for lunch. Our server was amazing and I wish I had gotten her name! She had short brown hair and was extremely friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. She convinced me to get one of their drink "potions" because I have a deep love of pineapple. It was delicious and refreshing.

As an appetizer, we got the Miyabizushi "decorative" sushi and it may be the best sushi I've ever had, including sushi I had before I went vegan. That's saying a lot because I LOVED raw fish. We each ordered the half sandwich with a cup of soup and devoured it. The sandwich had nice, thick tempeh and fresh veggies. The soup was Mexican-style with a slight heat from the peppers. I loved it even though I'm usually a wimp with spicy dishes.

Will definitely be coming back here!

• Visited December 2013

Huntsville, AL
“What you won't miss in this Vegetarian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Flavor. Creativity. Healthy. Local. Nutrition. Lots more.
We tried to have lunch at the Laughing Seed cafe but the wait was too long. We went back for dinner and were very happy we persevered.
Laughing Seed is an amazing place. Food and service wonderful, variety incredible, and food unusually tasty. Besides being Vegetarian, it has vegan, gluten free, and other special dietary needs labeled and covered.
We shared:
Moroccan Lentil Soup (AMAZING)
Basic house salad with an excellent champagne dijon vinaigrette dressing I wanted to bring home with me - it was that good
Harmony entree (steamed veggies over black beans and rice with grilled tofu and another sauce I wanted to bring home, the ginger sesame sauce)
Laughing Noodle Pho (a noodle bowl with rice noodles, veggies, grilled tofu)
It was all good, and so much to select from…we could have tried it all.
A good wine and beer selection, but if you like domestic, regular old beers, you'll be disappointed.
This will become a mainstay for our trips to Asheville.

• Visited December 2013
United States
“Amazing Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit after hearing and reading great reviews and we can confirm all the good reports - everything our group enjoyed was delicious, flavorful and healthy! Vegetarians and non vegetarians were happy! Huevos rancheros were amazing as were the eggs Benedict and soups. Black beans were among the best we have enjoyed anywhere! We'll be back for lunch and dinner to enjoy more menu items. Wish they sold a cook book!!

Richlands, Virginia
“Good food, vegetarian or not”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I ate here while I was in town for a musical festival and I really enjoyed the food. I thought the artichocke dip was very tasty and the vegetarian sushi was fresh. I would definitely go back the next time I am there.

• Visited October 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Back for more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Our favorite veg Asheville restaurant. Back several times and had to come while in for a night. Love the Cuban sandwich. Taco salad is great too. The veg choc cake is crazy. Great place, service and food!