“Twice in two days ~ it's that good!”
Review of Laughing Seed Cafe

Laughing Seed Cafe
Ranked #42 of 818 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Laughing Seed Cafe is Asheville's original downtown vegetarian restaurant. We've provided the finest organic, local, and farm-to-table vegetarian cuisine with an international flair for twenty years and counting.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We really enjoyed our two meals at LSC - one day for dinner; the next for lunch. As committed vegans, we were thankful for our server (Amy) and her entree suggestions. They did not disappoint! The seitan panang curry dish was killer! (So good, we wanted to lick the plate.) We'll definitely go back.

1  Thank Q-Z-Sue

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Love this restaurant, their food is amazing. You can't go wrong, everything on their menu is fantastic. Their kale smoothie is particularly wonderful! If you are a vegan or vegetarian then you will be in heaven for sure!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Nothing special and VERY over-priced! I ordered my daughter a smoothie and not only was it very bland, but the cup was only half-full. At $6 dollars I was shocked. Her fries were also mediocre, at best. No real flavor to them and filled with grease, maybe their oil wasn't hot? Wouldn't recommend.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The food at the Laughing Seed Cafe was absolutely AMAZING. As long time vegetarians, my friend who accompanied me and I spent a long time looking at the menu wondering what our smartest choice for an entree would be, because everything sounded SO good! (We usually find that we have limited options on a menu as vegetarians, however everything at the Laughing Seed is vegetarian or vegan, and can even be gluten free.) We ended up deciding to split two entrees and absolutely devoured them both. The prices are a bit high for my standards, but you are truly getting what you pay for in taste, quality, and portion size. There were also an outstanding number of options for beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, which we appreciated and took advantage of.

My only complaint is that the atmosphere of the space that we were in was not very nice, and it would not be a space I would want to take my significant other to for a date because of this. If I remember correctly, there were chips in the paint on the walls and very few decorations of any sort. This is fairly unimportant though, because the food does more than make up for it.

There's also a bar in the restaurant and another bar if you go downstairs. The downstairs bar was really awesome, although seemingly unaffiliated with the Laughing Seed.

1  Thank nat1124
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Went with large family party. This place is all Vegan, yikes, not my style! Service was fine, but just not into the Vegan thing.