“Wonderful Vegetarian Cuisine*”

Laughing Seed Cafe
Ranked #43 of 786 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: The Laughing Seed Cafe is Asheville's original downtown vegetarian restaurant. We've provided the finest organic, local, and farm-to-table vegetarian cuisine with an international flair for twenty years and counting.
Asheville, North Carolina
“Wonderful Vegetarian Cuisine*”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Located on 40 Wall Street, Downtown Asheville, there sits an amazing vegetarian restaurant with some Gluten-Free marvels as well. They have some great mushroom sliders with all local ingredients. They have delicious potato fries that accompany many of the meals. The cafe is quite the relaxing atmosphere equipped with a beautiful bar & a window into the kitchen so you can view the action! Our Server was also bartending and still achieved a great and quick service to our tabe and those around us.

• Visited February 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Food, fun atmosphere, can't wait to go again!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Really great food. There were 5 of us and each of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We got the Indian Pakoras and loved them. The Reuben sandwich was the very best I have ever had. I would make a trip across the state just to get it again. My husband, the meat-eater, got the Tico Burrito and he was very impressed with it. We wanted to split the bill and our server did it without a second thought. She even split the price of the appetizer without us asking. I can't wait to go again.... I'm anxious to try the jalapeno onion fries and the Indian Thali plate!!

• Visited March 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great vegitarian restaurant”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had an indian dish, that was excellent. All the other dishes were great too. My meat loving son wasn't quite as pleased.

Visited March 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“food witha\] a view”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We happened on this restaurant without any advanced information so we were pleasantly surprised at the reasonable fare and the good variety of choices.
Asheville was extremely vibrant this sunny warm evening. After viewing menus from several nearby establishments we chose Laughing Seed and were rewarded with good food at reasonable prices.
My pasta specialty was just what I needed after a long day driving. My wife's eggplant sandwich was also tasty and appealing. We would stop again on our next visit to the area.

• Visited March 2013
Fairview, NC
“always superb”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My daughter and I love this restaurant. The food is so fresh and so well prepared. They have lots of gluten-free options, which is great.

Visited December 2012