“One of the Best”

Laughing Seed Cafe
Ranked #43 of 786 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Description: The Laughing Seed Cafe is Asheville's original downtown vegetarian restaurant. We've provided the finest organic, local, and farm-to-table vegetarian cuisine with an international flair for twenty years and counting.
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“One of the Best”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been coming to Laughing Seed since 1993 and it's food has NEVER disappointed. This is the restaurant to bring someone who isn't sure about vegetarian food - the menu choices are creative, beautifully prepared, full of taste and texture and so satisfying that some carnivores I've brought here can't believe they've eaten a meatless meal. Weekend brunch, lunch, dinner - you can't miss at any time of day. You can choose from simple to adventurous, and there's something for every budget. Fabulous desserts, wine list and some of the best local beer on tap. You haven't fully experienced Asheville unless you've eaten at Laughing Seed Café.

Kingsport
“Great Place”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This place has consistently served great food for years. I have never been disappointed in this restaurant. The food is great and the service is great. The draft beer is always good. I would recommend this place to anyone even if you aren't a vegetarian.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Old Standby never disappoints”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

After unsuccessfully trying several different restaurants on a typically busy Saturday night, our party ended up at "The Seed". Although there was also a wait, once again it was well worth it. We ordered an entree special consisting of a roasted red bell pepper stuffed with a quinoa dressing. The presentation and taste were excellent. Also ordered was a stuffed portabella with black-eyed pea salad and quinoa salad on the side. It's so pleasant to leave a restaurant feeling like you've eaten healthy & had a great quality meal at a great price.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Laughing Seed Cafe”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I met a friend for lunch at Laughing Seed's outside patio. Parking is easy at a parking garage next door. The atmosphere is peaceful. The waitress was very good and brought our food quickly. Unfortunately, on the third bite I knew I could not continue eating without risking a stomach ache.
When the check came, I said nothing and paid my bill. The waitress noticed I had not eaten my food and asked if it was satisfactory. When I said I just could not handle the spices, she smiled and said that a lot of people can't handle intense cumin. She insisted on comping my bill. I appreciated her concern and will try again.

Visited October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“We love the laughing seed!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a must-visit restaurant whenever we visit Asheville. The service is always great and the food is always great. Dinner entrees are sometimes hit-and-miss, and can be on the heavy side, but overall this is a fun, reasonably priced, enjoyable place to eat. Make sure to try and eat outside when the weather is nice! The indian-inspired dishes are always good (though if you are in the mood for true indian food, Mela is probably the better option), and the salads are fresh and delicious (especially the dressings). The soups can be watery, bland, and not so good in our experiences.

• Visited September 2012