“Excellent Food & Service”

Apollo Flame Bistro - Hendersonville road, ASheville, NC
Ranked #173 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Greek, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Greek /Italian .. PIZZA , PASTAS, SUBS AND GREEK DISHES. Fast and friendly atmosphere. Casual dining.. seating Inside and Patio. Open Monday - Saturday 10:30 am- 10 PM. Eat in and To- gos. Menu website :: apolloflamebistro.net
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Their Famous Greek Salad was the best Greek salad I've ever had. It was huge, tasty and very inexpensive. My husband had the Lamb Gyro plate which was equally as tasty. Stopped for lunch last week with a recommendation from a sister who lives in the area. We were highly impressed with the service and the food.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We lived in western NC for 10 years eighteen years ago...this restaurant is totally consistently the best choice for really huge portions of fresh Greek Salad. If you order a salad here go ahead & ask for a carry out container! Be sure to share the salad because it is Huge. The grilled chicken & fresh homemade herb olive oil dressings is devine. My husband got the sampler plate with all the different entree meats...Wow!
We were traveling last weekend and decided to include a trip to Apollo for lunch and we are still talking about the Big Salad...they should name it Elaine's salad, from Seinfield.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went there for Valentine's Day lunch. It was very crowded but the waitress found us a table in the back. My wife ordered the Chicken Fettuccini and I ordered the Big Greek Platter. Both were served with a massive salad loaded with feta cheese. We each ate less than half the salad and she took hers home to finish latter -- I left mine because I used the house dressing which is thin and I was afraid it would get all over everything. My platter consisted of two grilled, spicy, bones chicken breast halves, 4 thin slices of roasted lamb and two meat balls in marinara sauce but only one piece of bread resembling a pancake -- not a pieta. I ate the bread and half the meat, taking the rest home for later as did my wife with half her pasta. We were pleasantly surprised when the bill arrived -- total was under $20, half the price of any other restaurant in Asheville. Service was excellent, considering how busy they were, so we left a good tip.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Always great. Best pizza and salads in town. Wait staff friendly. Prices great for food quality. Always fresh.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had the Chicken Gyro and although it tasted good, it had no resemblence of chicken. My husband ordered lamb and it was good. Looked more like Spam. We were sitting near a window and my feet froze.