“Yummy”

Tupelo Honey
Ranked #29 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Our Southern dishes and libations are served with a creative twist and a smile, and we serve our guests nothing that we wouldn't want on our own supper table. When we play with our food (and we think it's okay), the result is scrumptious. We're rooted in the Mountain South, and our menu is inspired by time-honored traditions: pickling and frying, canning and preserving, and utilizing seasonal produce and ingredients to prepare delicious, scratch-made creations.
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have NEVER had better better pancakes than the sweet potato pancakes at the Tupelo Honey Cafe. I've been here for breakfast twice. All the food has been phenomenal.

I don't know about supper, but if you want a delicious breakfast - go here.

Just beware - you might have to wait in a line.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I love their

Fried Green Tomatoes
Cheesy Grit Cakes
Quiche w/fruit

YUM! Great Southern Cuisine! Must try if you're in Asheville (downtown or southside locations)

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Visiting Asheville with friends. Got a vibrating pager so we could do some window shopping during our short wait. Clearly marked menu items for those with dietary requests; eg, gluten free. Ginger mojito was quite a hit at our table to share.
Fresh hot biscuit while waiting for lunch was so rich, didn't look for butter on the table.
House salad and vegetarian plate had interesting mix of items. Fried green tomatoes with grits for appetizer. Sandwiches with okra pickle yummy. Even though place was busy early Sunday afternoon, the service was friendly and efficient.
Will definitely return when in Asheville.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Tupelo Honey Café was recommended to us by a local that we met at the airport. I was a little hesitant to try the place since it was described as “the best southern food in town” and I’ve always found Southern food a little too heavy for my taste, that is, if I can even find a vegetarian item on the menu. But, my mom really wanted to try the place so we stopped there for lunch on a weekend. The restaurant is very small but we didn’t wait long to be seated. There was a very nice little waiting area in the back of the restaurant, which was welcome since it was far too cold outside for us Floridians! Our server was very friendly and helped explain menu selections. I was very surprised by how many vegetarian and gluten free items were available. Tupelo Honey makes most of their items from scratch and supports local farms whenever possible which was definitely reflected in the taste. I ordered the Misse’s Asheville Veggie Melt ($8.95), which was an excellent dish. It is an assortment of veggies served on an open face sourdough sandwich topped with melted havarti cheese. The delicious lemon aioli absolutely made the dish. As a side I ordered the benne coated asparagus which was ok. My mom ordered the shrimp tacos ($9.95) with cheesy smashed cauliflower. She really enjoyed the cauliflower and her shrimp tacos were good, but the real winner was my veggie melt. I know, because she kept trying to eat mine! Our meals were accompanied by made from scratch biscuits with house made blueberry jam. It was absolutely delicious!
My mom was really hoping to try the Moonshine Bloody Mary but unfortunately for her they were out of the jalapeño and bacon infusion (I guess you really can put bacon in everything!).
The sandwiches are all reasonable priced ($7.95-$11.95) and it was the perfect amount of food. The entrees were much pricier ($15.95-$27.95). I think this was a nice lunchtime stop and the next time I am in Asheville I will have to stop in and order the black bean veggie burger.

Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to the Tupelo Honey Cafe and it was wonderful! Everything that was ordered was great! The wait time was minimal and wait staff did a fabulous job explaining all options on the menu. Will definitely be returning!