“Good comfort food”
Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Reserve with OpenTable
Tupelo Honey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 810 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Our Southern dishes and libations are served with a creative twist and a smile, and we serve our guests nothing that we wouldn't want on our own supper table. When we play with our food (and we think it's okay), the result is scrumptious. We're rooted in the Mountain South, and our menu is inspired by time-honored traditions: pickling and frying, canning and preserving, and utilizing seasonal produce and ingredients to prepare delicious, scratch-made creations.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Big portions I felt like we should have split meals after eating biscuits. Extremely large and fantastic! Only thing I dont recommend is tomato soup. My Mom ordered it and it was watery & runny,just tasted bland. My mom sent it back and they took it off the bill.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,129)

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Tried to go there on Monday, 10/21, at around 7:00, and the wait was about an hour and a half. So we opted to go to another restaurant. Who would have thought that long of a wait on a Monday night. Went back last night at around the same time, and it was only about a 45 minute wait, so we had a drink next door and waited for our buzzer to go off. So glad we waited! It was crowded but in an ok way. Our waiter, Trey, brought us each a biscuit with Tupelo honey and home made blueberry jam which was to die for. We had the cheesy grit cakes appetizer, which was amazing. Definitely share this, because the two "pie" slices are huge. I had the chicken saltimbocca which was delicious. Nice and crispy, with a great marsala wine sauce. And the smashed cauliflower was great too. My partner had the nutty fried chicken, which she liked as much as I did. We were too full to get dessert--that just means we'll have to go back another time. Our waiter was very attentive and personable, and he really made you feel comfortable and valued as a customer!

2  Thank Beth S
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great restaurant in a great location. Biscuits to die for. Best I ever had. Salad great and very good chicken. Cocktails a little spendy but aren't they always? Can't wait to return.

1  Thank meadoc1
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Ate there twice on a business trip. Average food and okay service. Hoped for better but each time the same.

1  Thank John S
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Scratch made southern food. Damn its good. I think everything I tasted here was exquisite. It even holds up being from a serious food town. The biscuits are amazing and free. The pecan pie was great. Only downside is that there is a huge waiting list. We tried a couple nights and it was over an hour every time. Eventually we just gave them a number and went to a nearby bar to wait. Glad we did.

1  Thank SeamasterPro