“Now that's a biscuit”

Tupelo Honey
Ranked #30 of 793 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Our Southern dishes and libations are served with a creative twist and a smile, and we serve our guests nothing that we wouldn't want on our own supper table. When we play with our food (and we think it's okay), the result is scrumptious. We're rooted in the Mountain South, and our menu is inspired by time-honored traditions: pickling and frying, canning and preserving, and utilizing seasonal produce and ingredients to prepare delicious, scratch-made creations.
Memphis,TN
“Now that's a biscuit”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Wonderful wait staff, great food. Will visit again when in asheville.
That onion soup was wonderful.

• Korean first
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Flipping Awesome Breakfast!!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Every time we’ve gone to Asheville before and had breakfast, for one reason or another we’ve always eaten somewhere else, and every time we walked by this place, the wife would drool over the sweet potato pancakes on somebody’s plate on the patio … she’d stop and longingly read the menu …  So, finally, for her birthday, I took here there, and boy, did they live up to the hype!!

Pros:
• Sweet Potato Pancake – Holy snap, off the charts, tried my wife’s and even I loved it – and I don’t even like sweet potatoes! And this thing’s huge too. You can get one for $6, or two for $11, wife did it the way I would, and that’s just one, plus a side of two eggs. I’d do that plus bacon. Heck, they serve biscuits for free with your meal, so that’s a good one in my book.

• Biscuits – THE best I’ve ever had in my e.n.t.i.r.e. life, without a doubt! Big, soft, fluffy, perfectly golden on top…mmm, I wish I lived there!

• Omelet – Very good, very big. You make your own, and lots to choose from. I did sausage (very, very good), havarti cheese, and tomatoes, and it was very good.

• Home Fries – very good … not great, but very good. They could use some extras like peppers and onions, imho.

• BLT w/Crabcake – I don’t see it on their menu, so maybe it was a special, but my brother got it and said it was delish!

Cons:
• Opening time and the long line – They don’t open until 9:00 am. We went on a Saturday and were pressed for time so showed up at 8:35, and were surprised that not only were we not first in line, we were like, 20th! By the time we got in, the line was over 100’ long, and I’m not exaggerating. Okay, so that means they’re doing it right, or that line wouldn’t be there. I just wish they’d open up at least by 8:00…9:00 is nuts, even on Asheville time.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank jboynsteph
Magnolia, Mississippi
“Great food and great biscuits!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This cafe had a great atmosphere. The help was very attentive an polite. Despite there being a full house when we arrived and having only 45 minutes til close. We felt very respected and appreciated.

Glasgow, Kentucky
“We liked it so much”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We loved the food at Tupelo Honey cafe! The shrimp and grits for dinner and the sweet potato pancake for breakfast....oh me! Great place to dine

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Worth the wait!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

When we arrived at the restaurant around 5:30PM, we were told it would be a 45min-1hr wait. We had heard so many great things about this restaurant that we decided to wait. We walked over to Tall Gary's and enjoyed a few beers while waiting. They were right on the money with the wait time. Luckily, we were seated at the bar. Best seat in the house! The cooks include you in the experience, and even let you try a few samples. My husband had the pulled pork and I had the shrimp and grits which were both excellent. Whatever you do, don't pass on the biscuits with the local tupelo honey. Best biscuits and honey I've ever had! We will definitely return.

• Visited October 2013