“Tupelo Honey ....No Wonder People Swarm”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Ranked #29 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our Southern dishes and libations are served with a creative twist and a smile, and we serve our guests nothing that we wouldn't want on our own supper table. When we play with our food (and we think it's okay), the result is scrumptious. We're rooted in the Mountain South, and our menu is inspired by time-honored traditions: pickling and frying, canning and preserving, and utilizing seasonal produce and ingredients to prepare delicious, scratch-made creations.
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“Tupelo Honey ....No Wonder People Swarm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were fortunate to arrive shortly after 9 on a Saturday morning and snagged a table because within minutes there was a 45 minute wait. Warm, LARGE biscuits were immediately served. Crab and spinach omelet and the goat cheese grits were standouts and I recommend sharing the sweet potato pancake for a breakfast dessert...I don't like sweet potatoes and loved it. The waiter was attentive and kept the coffee flowing...essential! Wish we had such breakfast fare in Myrtle Beach because I would be a regular.

• Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Great late lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stopped in for a late lunch around 2:30, and had about a 30-minute wait to be seated. It was well worth it! The biscuits and jam were superb, and the house lemonade is a must. Everyone was thrilled with their meals, and the service was very fast once we were seated.

Visited May 2013
Charlotte, NC
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

A bit worried about the calories I would probably ingest at Tupelo Honey, I hastened there anyway. It was worth every calorie---and there are options such as wonderful kale and beet salad for weight watchers. This is a lovely casual and affordable spot with yummy food. I think it would be nice with children as well.

Visited May 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“great lunch, fantastic and unique dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

my wife and i recently had lunch at the cafe. although we waited about 40 minutes it was worth it. the atmosphere is lively but not overly loud. the food choices are twists on traditional southern dishes. my wife said the fried okra was just like her grandma made in S.C. i had the toasted cheese sandwich which sound dull but was amazing.
all the dishes at the nearby tables looked great as well. plus they give you free southern biscuits with honey.
a must stop when you're in asheville

• Visited April 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great food, warm place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The place is great, you can notice the fame from far away, there is always people coming and going. The service is quite good, the waiter was really good in explaining and recommending the menu. The best part, totally, where the biscuits, I would totally get back only for that. The rest of the food was good, a little heavy if you are not used to southern food, but still good. We went for lunch, but I think breakfast would have been better, I’m still curious about the sweet potato pancake, I guess I will need to go back.

• Visited April 2013