“Awesome southern food!”

Tupelo Honey
Ranked #31 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Our Southern dishes and libations are served with a creative twist and a smile, and we serve our guests nothing that we wouldn't want on our own supper table. When we play with our food (and we think it's okay), the result is scrumptious. We're rooted in the Mountain South, and our menu is inspired by time-honored traditions: pickling and frying, canning and preserving, and utilizing seasonal produce and ingredients to prepare delicious, scratch-made creations.
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Although Tupelo Honey is small, and difficult to get in, it is wonderful food and worth the wait. We tried some traditional southern fare that we haven't had before - fired green tomatoes, goat cheese grits! All wonderful. We had a variety of entrees alo wonderful, and the service was great even though it was crowded. And to top it all off, the pecan pie was beyond description, it was so good! I love pecan pie and have lots of varieties, and i have to say this was by far the best i have ever had! They top it with a vanilla caramel sauce that makes my mouth water just to remember it. Go for the Pecan Pie! It was heaven on earth!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My Mom and I had breakfast at Tupelo Honey Cafe for breakfast on our recent trip to Asheville. I enjoyed the Sweet Potato pancake. It covered the entire plate. My Mom had the country breakfast with scrambled eggs, maple peppered bacon and home fries. It was delicious.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Tupelo Honey is a tasty trip to Flavortown. I met my sister in Asheville yesterday for a little shopping and lunch. We decided to eat at Tupelo Honey downtown. There was a wait of about 30 minutes but that was no problem because they give you a buzzer that alerts you when your table is ready. We were in the shop next door when our buzzer sounded. By the way, if you don't care for shopping, there is a delightful park across the street with benches where you can "people watch" while waiting.

I had eaten there before and knew the menu. Since the tomato soup was so good last time, I ordered it again. This time I ordered the chicken BLT with it and that was a dynamite combo. My sister had the grilled chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries and my niece had the soup with a grilled two-cheese sandwich. It was all yummy. Before your meal arrives, the server brings a big fluff biscuit for each diner with a jar of (what else) honey and a dish of preserves.

The service was speedy and accurate and the meal perfection. We will certainly dine at the "Honey" again!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our second day in Asheville and my wife and I just ate lunch at the Tupelo Cafe. Got there around 2pm and had a 10 min wait for a table. The place was packed and stayed busy. It's in the heart of downtown. My wife had the chicken BLT sandwich with a side of smashed cauliflower. She was very happy with her choice and raved about the smashed cauliflower they make. I had their Tupelo burger (it's prime rib and steak instead of ground beef) and a mug of their specialty tomato soup. Both were absolutely fantastic. A really great food experience for us.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My friends and me went last week end (saturday night) to this place to eat. We had to wait 60 min to get a table. The service was the worst i have ever seen. Waiters and waitresses were dirty and unfriendlly at all. one of them coughed into his hands as he serves the dishes!!!! The food quality is poor. I will not recommend this restaurant at all!