“Amazing - put this on your "must do" list!”

Wake Foot Sanctuary
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Wake Foot Sanctuary is located in the Historic Grove Arcade in downtown Asheville and provides Asheville regulars and tourists alike a mini retreat for the feet, the mind, and the soul. Wake specializes in luxurious foot soaks served up to guests in hand-hammered copper bowls as they relax on soft chairs. The soaks are prepared with care and provide a fragrant, rejuvenating, and moisturizing experience. Massage add-ons are also offered across head, neck, & shoulders; foot & lower leg ; and hand & lower arm. Guests can order and sip on a personal pot of tea, enjoy some mini desserts, or just come and "be" for a while. Soaks are the base service and cost between $25-$30 for a 45 minute experience. Massage add-ons start at $30 and range to $72 and can be done in either 20 minute or 40 minute increments. The massage happens while you soak. Guests come in, remove shoes and socks to don slippers and are then escorted back into the sanctuary to begin their foot soak experience. Appointments are not required but are highly recommended, particularly for parties over 4 and weekend visits.
Asheville, North Carolina
“Amazing - put this on your "must do" list!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

A friend and I finally got the change to try this place. It was wonderful from as soon as we walked in the door. The staff is friendly, the atmosphere is great, and the foot soak and massage was beyond expectations! We even had a pot of tea while we soaked! The massage was fabulous. I can't wait to go back with more friends. Also an excellent place for a group of women to relax and socialize and a great gift idea as well. I can't say enough!

Visited December 2013
115Wake, Owner at Wake Foot Sanctuary, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Lisa, Lisa, Lisa. You blow us away with what you say about a way. It's so humbling to know that we achieved our goal of serving you well. We appreciate your patronage of Wake and look forward to serving you again.

Ruston, Louisiana
“What a blessing!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I recently was visiting in Asheville, NC. Much to my delight, I found the Wake-The Foot Sanctuary. I entered tired, weary, cold, and exhausted. I was greeted with kindness and compassion. The foot soak and massage was the most renewing thing that I have done for myself in a long time. Please, consider doing something that will bless you and lift you up. . . this is it! I will always return, each time I visit. What a gift!

Visited November 2013
115Wake, Owner at Wake Foot Sanctuary, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Jean P you are blessing. Every opportunity to serve our guests brings us such great joy. It is at the core of our philosophy for having this business. We can't wait to have you back for some pampering again!
Atlanta, Georgia
“An Asheville Must!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We received foot soaks, hand/arm massages, and a kettle of tea. It was such a relaxing experience that I would recommend to anyone! The customer service at Wake is also top notch.

Visited November 2013
115Wake, Owner at Wake Foot Sanctuary, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
We so appreciate your thoughts about our customer service. It means so much because it is at the core of what we do. We also love that YOU loved your massage and soaks. Thank you thank you thank you for this review!
Sylva, North Carolina, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“OMGoddess! What a treat!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

A friend treated me, on my birthday, to a soak, massage and tea - Oh My Goddess what a treat! The staff is professional, fun and helpful - when I couldn't decide between the chocolate or peppermint soak, they created the combination and it was divine! Lisa gave an awesome neck, shoulder and leg massage with the perfect pressure! Tea was delicious! In addition to this peaceful oasis in the middle of downtown Asheville they have great gifts for you or someone else too! I am trying to figure a way to come back on a monthly basis as part of a stress relief plan! Thank you Wake for an awesome experience and wonderful space you all have created!

Visited November 2013
115Wake, Manager at Wake Foot Sanctuary, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Sheryl, we are so glad that we could be included in your Birthday celebration. We appreciate this STELLAR review!! We look forward to being a part of a possible plan of self care support for you. Thanks again for taking the time to write this amazing review and allowing us to serve you!
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Welcome indulgence for tired feet!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

While on a mother-daughter getaway to Asheville last week, we passed by Wake while feeding the parking meter. They had openings for both of us that evening after a long day of hiking and shopping. Our feet soaks and accompanying massages (superbly given by Lisa) were a wonderful relaxing treat at the end of a fun day. We could have stayed in the calming and aromatic atmosphere at Wake all night if it were possible. Everyone was extremely welcoming and the receptionist even called ahead to the restaurant where we held reservations to let them know we were on our way so we didn't have to feel rushed.

A superb experience. I will definitely be back. Kudos to Lisa who is a talented massage therapist.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Iris C
115Wake, Owner at Wake Foot Sanctuary, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Iris, it was a pleasure to serve you and Rachel for some girl getaway time. We agree, Lisa K is an amazing gal and you are welcome to request her next time you are in! We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time together in Asheville and it would a great pleasure to serve you again!