“Like being assaulted?”

Asheville Pizza & Brewing Co.
Ranked #138 of 811 Restaurants in Asheville
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Description: Where the locals hang…Asheville’s third craft brewery opened as a mash-up pizza joint, discount, dine-in movie theater, and brewpub, all wrapped up in a bright, happy, family-friendly space in 1998. Movies are still only $3 per person here at our original Merrimon Avenue location in North Asheville. The game room offers a variety of classic video and pinball games–from Galaga to Ms. PacMan. We offer pizza and beer delivery to North Asheville and downtown. Tuesday night Family nights always bring a crowd, as do weekday all-you-can-eat lunch buffets.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

So, I went to this place with some friends, all of us film critics....we order some pizza and a pitcher of beer for the three of us. We sit down, eat our meal, and are having a great time watching the movie and criticizing the horrible cinematographer who made this b list film. So my friend gets up to order another round, and the old man who is sitting in front of us gets up and attacks my friend who is at the line ordering. They raise their voices, I notice and walk that way to see what is wrong.... another man from the audience, sitting behind us, rushes me and throws me against the wall stating that I am ruining the movie for him and his wife. I apologize and tell him that we can move so we don't bother him.....he walks away shouting profanity..... We did nothing but discuss the film in a considerate manner, while finding humor. (we are awful people).....obviously. The manager walked up to access the situation and discusses the situation with us momentarily. Refunded our $3 for the movie.... and does not care that I was assaulted. We leave the theater, because I am almost in tears over being thrown into a wall, when the manager does not care to find the individual who did so.... I should have called the cops (shame on me) but I did not want to ruin the movie for the other 20 people in the theater since I was such a bother....

2  Thank LocalCityzen

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We made a reservation for 17 and they were able to accommodate us in the game room, which was extra nice. My son was able to play games while we waited for our food. The staff was very friendly and the food was really good.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went for the beer and enjoyed the pizza too. Tried a beer flight. Waiter took time to talk about the different beers and answer questions. The wall decor will keep you occupied with Star Wars scenes while waiting for your food. Good place for decent pizza and good beers to sample.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This restaurant is awesome. Quirky and fun, I watched the Original Wizard of Oz in 3D last night and drank some delicious beer. Their staff was friendly and helpful. They're even going to begin offering gluten-free pizza dough and vegan cheese by Diya. You guys rock!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were sent here by Allen at The Pines Cottages. The pizza (Tropicale) was the best pizza I've ever eaten in my life, and I'm 57 years old. I told our wonderful waiter, Francis, that from 0-10, the pizza and crust rated a 15 !!!!! He said that the secret ingredients are: Oregano, Basil and Cilantro. Now we will try to duplicate that at home. He was a very personable young man in his 20's, who knows how to interact with customers :) The atmosphere was a little loud with music and talking, but pleasant. Having a son who is a bartender, I could appreciate the girls hugging the bartender at this restaurant. Our son is well-loved by girls, too. It was cute watching the interaction of the waiters and waitresses. Not fancy... even a little strange decor, but NUMBER ONE IN PIZZA and service staff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!