“A great way to eat bbq, tasty, fresh, fast and priced right.”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #533 of 823 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Your choice of meets, lots of sides and includes desert. In this case, make your own ice cream cone. This is a fast food restaurant but the food is fresh, tasty and prepared right in front of you so you get just what you want just the way you like it. And the barbeque and sauces are excellent. The price is right and the quality and quantity will bring you back!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I used to eat at Dickey's all the time in the Dallas Area. I was glad to see one open in Asheville. We ordered brisket and probably because most everyone was getting pork or ribs, we got the first slices off of a whone one. It was lean but still fall apart tender. The quantity of meat and sides were great (almost too much, I got the regular plate). The sides were delicious and very similiar to the what I remember from Texas. One thing - the foot is served on trays lined with brown paper, so the presentation isn't much, but the food tastes great. I recommend the spicy BBQ sause. There is complimentary soft serve ice cream if you dine in.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

It was by happenstance that we came across Dickey's Barbeque Pit on Hendersonville Road. Happily, we enjoyed a delightful lunch and learned more about this eatery. Dickey's is a family-run business begun in 1941 in Dallas, Texas, with franchises starting in 1994. This particular location opened about 5 months ago.

Texas-style barbeque is served with a wide selection of sides--slaw, mac & cheese, baked potato casserole, jalapeno beans, barbeque beans, etc. I enjoyed a pulled pork plate, jalapeno beans and slaw. My husband ordered the beef brisket, barbeque beans and slaw. We were very pleased with our food and service.

Customers place their order and then self-serve the drinks (soft drinks, tea). They can then choose from 4 sauces--original, sweet, hot and Carolina style. The sauces are self-serve from a dispenser as well.

The interior was clean; the staff was professional, friendly and helpful. Dickey's is located in a shopping center adjacent to Wal-Mart and if you are looking for a casual, good place for barbeque, I definitely recommend them. A nice touch after your meal, soft serve ice cream is complimentary!