“Sushi and more”

Cuisines: Chinese
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Sushi and more”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place is such a great value for your money. You can eat as much as you want and there are so many items to chose from. Great selection of sushi and much, much more.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank romyharris

Asheville, North Carolina
“A very fishy experience!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I went to Asiana yesterday with my aunt and uncle, and we all were totally disgusted. I tried a small portion of many of their dishes and the overwhelming majority tasted very fishy...even vegetable and chicken dishes that had no fish in them! The deep fried crab was undercooked, which I think would be extremely difficult to do since it only needs to cook a few minutes! I try to have good table manners but most dishes I sampled ended up being spit back into a napkin. I could not swallow fishy honey chicken, fishy grilled chicken on a stick, or the fishy green beans, among many other things. The only things I was able to stomach on the buffet were egg drop soup, white rice, and vanilla ice cream! For $15.46 per person including drink and tax, it was the most expensive soup, plain white rice, and ice cream I had ever eaten. The sweet tea was good and the servers were attentive at picking up used plates and filling drinks, but those are the only positives. They have lots of sushi, but we didn't try any as we do not care for it. We will not go back.

• Visited June 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“Not accomodating”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

About a week after moving the Asheville I was trying to find somewhere to eat on my birthday. After spending Saturday enjoying the beauty of the Blue Ridge Parkway I tried going to Asiana for a free birthday meal I had just read about. On my way there I gave a call and found out they only honor this "deal" for lunch. I tried going back the next day for lunch but since it was the day after my birthday they would not honor again. I tried explaining to them I was new to town and had just heard of their offer. They would not budge so they lost a potential customer. I am a big fan of buffets and fortunately I found the Shogun Hibachi Grill about 10 minutes away. I have been to Shogun multiple times now and although some items are not always the best, its pretty good for a buffet and they have sushi and a grill to order section! Big thumbs down to Asiana.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gruntled G
Atlanta, Georgia
“If this is the best, I'd hate to see the worst!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I visited this restaurant this past weekend. We chose it because of the good reviews. My high expectations were certainly destroyed.

Yes, there is a large selection but almost everything I tried was horrible.

I tried a dish labeled sesame chicken even though there were no sesame seeds to be seen. The very first bite was a mouthful of fat and gristle. DISGUSTING.

The honey chicken was okay. The general chicken was ick. Crystal shrimp was okay but the seafood delight was terrible. The fried scallops were fake, made of imitation crab, but they were okay dipped in some kind of sauce. The "hibachi steak" was good but I tasted only one single piece of steak in a big scoop. The rest was mushrooms. My whole first 2 plates were wasted because I found the food to be inedible.

On return to the buffets, I tried the steak kabobs and chicken on a stick. The steak kabobs were actually good but the chicken had a weird tasting sauce all over it.

To finish off this very disappointing meal, I tried some fruit. Amazingly enough, it wasn't. It was mushy, especially the grapefruit.

In all, I will never eat at this restaurant again.

At each booth, they have a sign rhapsodizing about how you shouldn't waste food because the money saved can go to feeding hungry people around the world. So I guess they're sending any money they save to those people. Right? I doubt it.

• Visited June 2014
Rockwell, North Carolina
“Asian At Its Best”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Asiana is absolutely the best Asian restaurant / buffet I've eaten at. The food selection on the buffet is outstanding and never seems to end. There are items that are there each time I visit, but there are a number of different items that make appearances on different days. I live some 2.5-3 hours away, so I can't get there nearly as often as I'd like. But every time I'm in Asheville or driving through, we stop and enjoy a meal. The food is always very warm - if not piping hot. I've never been disappointed - and I doubt you will either.

Visited April 2014