“Relax and Rejuvenate at Still Point Wellness”

Still Point Wellness
More attraction details
Owner description: Still Point Wellness is a new spa concept specializing in healing arts designed for personal development through deep relaxation and self exploration. Our unique modalities include Salt Water Floatation, Esalen Massage and Somatic Psychology.
Reviewed July 26, 2018

My husband and I visited Still Point Wellness to get rejuvenated. I wanted to experience the Floatation. Floating in 1500 lbs of Epsom salt is fantastic! Very unique and took just a bit of time to get acclimated to being in a totally dark room floating in the salt water. Initially I had the door slightly ajar and then closed it all the way. TOTAL BLACKNESS! With ear plugs in and my head resting on a small head float, I totally relaxed and dozed off. The float tank is 8'x8'x8' with a foot of salt water - you do move around while floating. The funny part is when the staff knocked on the door to let me know my time was up, I had to feel along the wall to find the door. Luckily the non-door walls are "rough" so finding the door means finding the smooth wall. My husband did the massage and was very pleased with this too. We also spent an hour in The Relaxation Room. We each had a detoxifying sweat in the Far Infrared Sauna and a warm, stress-relieving session on the Migun massage bed. The balls roll along the entire length of your body (on your back) and you can control the level of intensity that fits for you. The day bed gave a respite to let our bodies. We left totally relaxed and spent the rest of the afternoon taking advantage of our Zen feeling.

Date of experience: July 2018
"an amazing experience"
in 14 reviews
"salt water fish tank"
in 4 reviews
"private bathroom and shower"
"massage bed"
in 39 reviews
"flotation"
in 57 reviews

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

I would highly recommend this place to relax. I had my first float today and the staff was super nice and helpful. They eased any anxiety I had about floating and I got the best sleep I have had in a while. I will definitely be back.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Leanne B
Still Point W, Spa Coordinator at Still Point Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Leanne,
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your first salt water float with us and that the atmosphere of the spa and the staff helped to ease any anxiety you had and made you feel relaxed. We look forward to welcoming you back to the spa again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2018

I was talked into this by my son who has done extensive research on ways to handle anxiety and depression. He is a very helpful and wise kid and he does this research for me to help me deal. I always try whatever he recommends and for the most part, he has been spot on. I made him go first. When I picked him up he looked as though he was floating on a cloud, he was quiet and centered. After we talked about his experience I was still super apprehensive, because I suffer from PTSD the thought of being in absolute darkness, suspended and in the quiet scared me. The attendant Paul was so helpful and explained every little thing to me, right down to exactly were to turn the shower nozzle to get the right temp of water. I was impressed. The float at first was super intimidating. I elected to close the door all the way at first even though it was explained to me that I was in complete control of the door and could open it to varying degrees if I needed to. It was so hard to get out of my head, I don't know how long it took but I kept thinking "this is about letting go, you are safe"- it was what Paul said to me as he was explaining things. I concentrated on my breath and eventually, I felt the tension leave, it was magical, my body just gave in. When I got out I couldn't believe the decrease of pain in my body. I cant say it was all gone but it was much diminished and I too felt as though I was walking on a cloud, I felt quiet and centered and slept so good that night. I can't believe I was so resistant at first. Next month I am going to get a massage afterward, I really think its the perfect pairing.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank VondyP1
Still Point W, Spa Coordinator at Still Point Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Vondy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a heartfelt account of your experience with the salt water flotation tank. It is a common concern to have some uncertainty before your first float so thank you for sharing your experience so that others can relate and understand more. I am pleased to hear that Paul helped to ease your apprehension and helped you to feel safe, allowing you to fully surrender. We do recommend the Mind/Body Package, a 90 minute float and 75 minute Esalen massage, as beautiful compliment to the float. We look forward to your next visit to the spa.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Lisa did a fantastic job on my massage, and I highly recommend that you request Lisa. I'm new to massage, and she explained what she was doing and what to expect. It was a wonderful hour, and I felt so refreshed after. My massage was followed by an hour of saltwater flotation therapy. This was a new experience for me, and I really enjoyed it. It was very relaxing, and I actually fell asleep. I wished we had been staying in Asheville longer, I would definitely have booked another massage and salt water relaxation session. Everybody at Still Point Wellness was kind, caring and very competent. I highly recommend a visit to Still Point Wellness.

Date of experience: May 2018

Thank you for your review. I am so please to hear that you enjoyed your Esalen massage with Lisa and that she was able to help you relax into the experience by explaining what to expect from this style of massage. Also, I'm glad that you found your float so relaxing and that the staff helped to enhance your time at the spa. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.