Open today: 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Review Highlights
Esalen Massage Couples Tutorial

Loved the couples massage tutorial - Emily was knowledgeable, friendly and fun! We have been to... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
April K
Claremont, United States
Lovely extra touches

Foot massage was great. Recliner was comfy. Warm eye pillow and neck pillow. Weighted blanket... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Michelle H
Kernersville, United States

Recommended experiences in and around Asheville
from $109.00
from $19.99
from $59.50
from $80.00
More Info
All reviews esalen massage float tank sensory deprivation deep tissue mind body deep relaxation an amazing experience salt water fish tank private bathroom and shower massage bed infrared sauna couples massage great massage a great job explaining explained everything corey flotation
Reviewed April 28, 2018

This was my first time here. this was my first time doing floatation therapy. I was nervous, anxious being my first time. The host was very helpful and informative. he made things comfortable for me. I didn't know his name. I had to ask later on. i had a private suite between the bathroom/changing room and the tank. that was helpful. I know this can't happen but how great would it have been for this extreme introvert to not have to run into any other clients. Before and after, during my time at the fish tank.
if you do the floatation therapy and have concerns about ear infections/problems, please wear the ear plugs provided. i had to get up at one point to get the plug as I was having problems.

Date of experience: April 2018
Still Point W, Spa Coordinator at Still Point Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Linda,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your first float experience and that the staff and private float suite helped to make you feel more comfortable. And thank you for sharing that you had anxiety about your first floating experience as this is a common concern for people who have never floated before. We try the assuage people's concerns by providing a relaxing environment and the private float suite which empowers our guests to make themselves at home and come and go from the tank as they wish. Also, we try to accommodate the needs of our clients as best as we can and keep the spa atmosphere quiet and relaxing so as not to disturb other guest's experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the spa soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

My newly Wed Husband and I came here for our honeymoon as a way to relax and get a massage while learning how to massage each other!

It was a great experience. It was so relaxing. I am beyond excited to try to give him a massage on My own and see if I can remember the techniques!

Would definitely recommend.

Date of experience: April 2018
Still Point W, Spa Coordinator at Still Point Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Alexandria,
I am so appreciative that you took the time to write a review. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your couples massage tutorial. It is such a wonderful thing to learn how to do for your partner and what a great idea for a honeymoon. Thank you for recommending it to others and we look forward to welcoming you back to the spa in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

Terry and Ellis were wonderful! Thank you for being so accommodating for my mom’s first massage. We both enjoyed it!! We will definitely be back!

Date of experience: April 2018
Still Point W, Spa Coordinator at Still Point Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy to hear that you and your mom both enjoyed your Esalen massages with Terrie and Ellis. And thank you for letting Still Point Wellness be part of your first massage experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the spa soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

The salt water float can only be described as a religious experience that should not be missed!!!!!!

Date of experience: April 2018
Still Point W, Spa Coordinator at Still Point Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

I am so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your salt water flotation. Hopefully, we will see you back at the spa again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I made a trip to Asheville for our anniversary. After reading other reviews, I made reservations at Still Point for flotation and Esalan treatments. Having never heard of either of these treatments, I was intrigued. This was truly amazing. The float was remarkable for me. I was able to find a very deep state of relaxation. I followed it up with an Esalan massage with Ellis, who is one of the most talented masseuses I’ve ever met. My husband said the same about Ellis. My Massage was more for relaxation, while my husbands was for deep tissue/sports related injuries. Ellis’s massages are unique and customized for the customer. This was an amazing experience. Don’t miss out!

Date of experience: April 2018

I am so pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your couple's Mind/Body Exploration package. I am glad that you were each able to have your individual needs met while at the spa and I know Ellis will love to know how much you appreciated the massages he gave you both. We look forward to welcoming you back to the spa on your next trip to Asheville.