“Worldclass Esalen massage among other things”

Still Point Wellness
More attraction details
Owner description: Still Point Wellness is a new spa concept specializing in healing arts designed for personal development through deep relaxation and self exploration. Our unique modalities include Salt Water Floatation, Esalen Massage and Somatic Psychology.
Reviewed October 28, 2017

There's not enough room to tell all the good things about Still Point Wellness. Let me just say that we are graced to have Robin and Corey (the owners) in our city. Both Esalen-trained, they are my wish come true, after having massages at the Esalen Institute itself in Big Sur. Robin has been given an international award for her work; she was an instructor at Esalen, and is now busy teaching this wonderful technique to many in the area (YAY!) While she doesn't practice on the public herself much anymore because of her teaching (BOO!), her husband, Corey, is a miracle in human form.

Their facility is just one of many places where their influence is felt in our community. We are thrilled to have them here.....hoping not TOO many people learn about them to keep us (we?) locals from having access! Asheville is becoming a mecca for the diversity of people from all over the world. Still Point Wellness should be a part of your experience here.

Date of experience: October 2017
Still Point W, Spa Coordinator at Still Point Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Thank you so much for your spectacular review! Robin and Corey will be thrilled to hear you speak so kindly about the spa and all that they have brought to our town! We are so grateful to have clients like you who truly appreciate all that the spa (and its owners/founders) has to offer.

All reviews
"an amazing experience"
in 14 reviews
"salt water fish tank"
in 4 reviews
"private bathroom and shower"
"massage bed"
in 39 reviews
"flotation"
in 57 reviews

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

I had recently one a free visit to try out the Sauna and massage table. This was my first visit. The lady that I met was very friendly and welcoming. This was my first time here, I was very relaxed and I look forward to making future appointments.

Date of experience: October 2017

Thank you for your review. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your free visit to our relaxation room and that the staff at atmosphere were warm and welcoming. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 19, 2017

I can't believe I have been in Asheville all these years and not heard of this!!! I moved here from CA and familiar with the Eselan massage! My friend and I will be back and may try the flotation sometime! Ben, Terrie and the guy at the front desk (who's name is escaping me) were are awesome! We will be back...soon!

Date of experience: September 2017

Thanks for the great review! I am so glad that you found the spa and enjoyed your Esalen massages. Hopefully we will see you again soon and maybe for a float next time.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

My husband and I did a weekend getaway to Asheville (highly recommend). We came to Stillpoint Wellness before we headed home. I went into the flotation tank first. I was really excited about this. A friend of mine told me that the flotation tank reminded him of what it's probably like being in the womb.

I will say upfront that I have huge anxiety and depression. I hoped it would help me. When I got in the tank it was very dark. There really is no light or sound. I started to get a little panicky because the tank seems much bigger than it really is.

I could not get my mind to shut off. Literally the whole time was filled with me trying to be calm and relaxed. I was disappointed in myself. I really want to try it again. I think I'm going to have to work hard on meditation though before coming back.

Then I had my Esalen massage with Terrie. I've never had an Esalen massage before but I thought it was fabulous! She is so sweet and she has a nice way of making you feel comforted.

My husband loved his massage and he says he was able to fall asleep in the flotation tank. I'm so envious! We went home feeling, oh so relaxed and recharged!

So I want to highly recommend Stillpoint Wellness. Their facility and staff were just perfect. This place is so unique. I want to go back!!

Date of experience: August 2017

Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad to hear that both you and your husband enjoyed your massages. Terrie will be so grateful to know that you felt so comfortable with her presence and massage. And as for the tank, it can take some getting used to so hopefully next time, now that you have had this first experience, you can be more comfortable and relaxed. We look forward to seeing you on your next Asheville getaway!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

Still Point Wellness was so "on target". I did a flotation followed by a massage. As soon as I walked in I felt so welcomed! Tanya did a great job explaining everything to me ahead of time. She answered all my questions and walked me through the whole process and spent as much time as I needed without rushing me. I was so well taken care of. They thought of everything.

The flotation was relaxing and insightful.

Following the Flotation was an Esalen Massage with Emily. Emily was so conscious and present as she worked with my body. What a gift. I had to ask her to stop 1/2 way through the session because too much trauma was moving through my body. She was so sweet and patient with me and gave me all the time and space I needed. The fish tank sitting area was a great bonus. I sat there for awhile enjoying a cup of tea calming down after moving through some of that stored up trauma. I felt truly well cared for and pampered. I will be back. Thank you!

Date of experience: August 2017
Still Point W, Spa Coordinator at Still Point Wellness, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that Tania and Emily made you feel comfortable and safe, and that you had what sounds like a truly transformational experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kimberly Maddux